Sign in with
Your question

Overscan issues in new drivers

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 4, 2009 9:03:41 PM

Hello, ive been using the 186.18 drivers for some time now because they seem to work unlike the new drivers that have been made. I have a 46" Samsung 120HZ tv connected via HDMI from a 9600GT (evga). When i install the new drivers the HDTV scaling option is gone, replaced by a 'resize your desktop' option. I do not want a 1180X1080 desktop, in 186.18 you could scale it to remove over scan and still keep your 1920X1080 rez. resizing my desktop is simply not an option as it screws with every application i run full screen, any game i load then over scans because the drivers are not scaling the screen and the game is changing the rez. I find it hard to believe that no one at nvidia uses a tv as there monitor, thus im confused why this option was removed... I found a reg edit guide but it does not appear to be for my problem rather an issue with a monitor being seen as a tv. can anyone help me force this control panel to scale? or am i going to have to go back to the old drivers again? im running windows 7 64.

thanks
a b Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
November 4, 2009 11:43:32 PM

Unfortunately I don't have an NVidia card to answer that part of the question.

I am wondering if you have a PC input that allows you to use the full 1920x1080 resolution.

PC inputs treat your HDTV as a monitor (so you can get 800x600 up to 1920x1080). HDMI Video inputs only allow you to choose a single input usually 1920x1080 or 1280x720.

Anyway, I suspect what you want to do is still available but done a different way. I have my dad's laptop (NVidia) hooked up to his HDTV like you did but it wouldn't accept the latest drivers.
m
l
November 5, 2009 12:12:26 AM

yea, i do alot of HD work with rendering, gaming, and bluerays. if i run vga then i dont have an issue but i wont use vga... there have been many posts about the feature being missing from the new drivers. im sure there is a way to do it, but i fear i might have to modify the drivers to put the old feature from 186.18 into the new drivers. and this is all output not input, so im running an DVI to HDMI and HDMI to my TV.
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2010 6:44:09 PM

same problem. update to new drivers 196.21 and now scaling is gone. what the h.. nvidia? i use a 42" samsung LCD. i do NOT want some 18xx 10xxå rez i really messes with all my apps too. anyone got a fix for this yet?
m
l
March 20, 2010 5:13:29 AM

Same problem with my Nvidia GT210 and my Sharp DT510 projector. I have to fx this on the PC side as my projector lacks any options I use to do this such a a 1:1 pixel map option. problem is somehow in the nvidia drivers me thinks. Any updates/fixes?
m
l
!