Will the NH-D14 interfere with my RAM?

kullmar

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
Hi guys, I'm planning on buying the NH-D14 for my 2500k. I have a ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 mobo and G.Skill Ripjaws X (2x4GB 1600MHz). Will it fit? The website I'd buy it from says it fits the LGA 1156 socket but doesn't mention 1155. Is it still compatible with the latter?

Thanks

Solution
The only reason you would have a problem is if the actual metal fin area extended into the memory area primary slot #1, however the ASRock motherboard is very resilient and will allow occupying either the primary or secondary memory slots.

The intake 120mm fan can be fudged upward in it's mounting position quite a bit or the fan mounting clips can be reversed to the opposite side of the fan and the fan moved to the rear of the cooler positioned as a pull fan instead of push fan, with no cooling loss.
The only reason you would have a problem is if the actual metal fin area extended into the memory area primary slot #1, however the ASRock motherboard is very resilient and will allow occupying either the primary or secondary memory slots.

The intake 120mm fan can be fudged upward in it's mounting position quite a bit or the fan mounting clips can be reversed to the opposite side of the fan and the fan moved to the rear of the cooler positioned as a pull fan instead of push fan, with no cooling loss.

Solution