Overclocking with Nvidia 195.39 beta drivers on Windows 7 64-bit

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hi, I've been looking around for decent results from others overclocking with the new nvidia 195.39 beta drivers. I've tried Rivatuner and eVGA Precision and both caused my system to crash when I tried the slightest overclocking. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit so I understand my options are already limited, but have anyone tried to overclock with the new drivers and also running the same OS? I'd love some input!

I don't quite understand the problem.

If you can overclock normally and you crash with the Beta drivers it's a software glitch.

If you crash under any circumstance then don't overclock.

So either overclock with non-Beta drivers or use the Beta and don't overclock and try again once the drivers move out of Beta.

The 195 beta drivers eliminate the invalid current state messages in Event Viewer. I wasn't messing with any OC's until I got rid of all Event Viewer messages at stock speeds. I got one more left :

The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10.

I knock that one off and I'll let you kno

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009

I want to overclock with this driver because it have shown FPS improvement in many games. I've OC'ed fine with 18585 drivers, and okay with the previous drivers but it wouldn't hurt if I can get some workaround for the beta drivers. I can always wait for the official driver release but there's no harm in understanding if there's a possibility to OC with what is available now. I'm not a big fan of just quitting because it doesn't work with my personal experience.