Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Computer, Will it Work?

Last response: in Systems
October 26, 2009 10:01:08 AM

Hi I am planning on buying an new computer, in sweden there arent any good built computers so I decided to buy parts and build my own. The links are all from the same company, the site is in Swedish but I think u guys can understand a little. Here are the componets:

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 Socket 1156(Core i5/i7) ATX - www.dustin.se
Proccessor: Intel Core i7 860 2.80GhZ 8mb Socket 1156 - www.dustin.se
Graphicscard: XFX Radeon HD5870 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E(2.1, but comptable with 2.0), DVI/HDMI/DP - www.dustin.se
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3 XMS3 INTEL i5/i7 DOMINATOR 1600MHz(2x2GB) - www.dustin.se
Chassi: Antec Midtower P183 ATX Black - www.dustin.se
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB SATA/300 7200RPM 32mb(SATA 3,5")
DVD: Samsung DVD-R/RW/RAM DL 22x SATA BLACK RETAIL - www.dustin.se
Power Supply: Corsair HX 850W ATX12v 2.2/EPS12v - www.dustin.se
Windows 7 - www.dustin.se

What do you guys think? I am studing hardware so I know some. I know that the proccessor fits in the motherboard, the graphicscard too, RAM too, and that the power supply HOPEFULLY has enoigh Voltage.

Can you guys check if all will go right, I just wanna be sure so I dont spend like 2000 for a none functioning computer. And u guys are free to name if I should change any componets.

TNX GUYS!

More about : computer work

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
October 26, 2009 10:33:59 AM

Yes that will all work.
850W is more power than is necessary, unless you are building with the intention to crossfire at a later date.
October 26, 2009 11:40:06 AM

The build looks good and I agree with silvune that your power supply is more than enough, 600-650 Watts would be sufficient. I would buy a heatsink also and maybe some thermal compound (arctic silver) also.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
October 26, 2009 11:41:36 AM

It's all great, good higher end parts. If it fits your budget and you want to spend that much money on a PC, then you are good to go. Good luck and have fun.
m
l
November 1, 2009 7:37:08 AM

What kind of heatsink? For the CPU? If so yea, I thought about buying a new heatsink but not for now. The Intel standard heatsinks will have to do for a couple of months, they usually last a couple before they explode lol. Im thinking on buying a Zalman one, they usually are really good. And yea I might think about crossfiering one 5870.
m
l
!