Safe temps for Dual Core E5500

Thornyjohny

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Hi,
I've overclocked my Pentium Dual Core E5500 (stock speed is 2.80 GHz) to 3.0GHz. According to CPUID Hardware Monitor, I'm hitting a maximum of 65C after running Prime95 for about 2 hours, and a maximum of 69C after running MSI Kombustor for another 2 hours. Are these safe temperatures? What is the limit for temperatures?

PS: I've got stock cooling.

Solution
what you can do is add an aftermarket cooler, just adding fans will change at max 1-5celsius since the problem is more with the stock dissipator size that does not allow you to remove properly the heat...

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
I've read that The MAX Temp is 74.1C so if at stress test you are getting 69C maximum it is ok but close to the max. you must take care when the day is hot, if you get a hot day your cpu coolers can go over 74C so better to take care i think this is the maximum overclock you will got with stock cooling.

what you can do is download real temp and check if your temperatures aren't over TJMax if it get to 0 than you are hot.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
what you can do is add an aftermarket cooler, just adding fans will change at max 1-5celsius since the problem is more with the stock dissipator size that does not allow you to remove properly the heat...

Solution

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

i was just showing examples, yes can be those ones good coolers.

About the water cooler, no normally leak will not happen, since this cooler is LOCKED you cannot open it, cannot add more fluid, etc, the only way of water leakage is if you destroy the hose or something like that... there will be no leaking or water condensation in your computer you can stay cool and if you can buy it for a good price go for it.