So guys, this is a hit or a miss even though I bought it OCZ Solid 3 SLD3-25SAT3-60G Sata III but I would like to know what's the first thing I should do once I get this hard drive? I'm not sure where to start, reformat my 750 GB WD? Set the bios IDE to ACHI? How could I flash the firmware? e.t.c Please help, Thanks!
1 ok dude you wanna flash that ssd to *.11 bios via linux standalone method as given by the ocz website , then disconect the ssd sata cable.
2 achi and raid drivers and chuckem in the windows/system32/drivers folder
3 boot to bios enable achi
4 connect back your ssd sata cable
5 enable ssd in disk management with a simple volume
6 update windows (if you canot boot into windows then you'll have to reinstall windows 7 64 via achi with adding the raid drivers during setup without the ssd.follow the steps again
5 next install IRST latest ver
6 boot to bios enable RAID with the hdd as the booter disable the ssd but not in the raid utility as it should be reconized as the cache
7 enable acceleration in IRST
also change the reg via this method after step "2"
1. Exit all Windows-based programs.
2. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
3. If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
4. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
5. In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
7. On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.