Sign in with
Your question
Solved

To make a bootable cd

Last response: in Windows XP
April 18, 2012 3:49:25 PM

hello,
plz help me, i downloaded iso image of windows xp sp3 from microsoft 's site, then i made a bootable cd using make boot cd option in nero smart . it was a bootable cd ,but it was not properly running at the begining. tell me , how can i make a complete bootable cd?

More about : make bootable

Best solution

April 18, 2012 4:43:48 PM

An ISO is an "image" of a disk, meaning once you burn the ISO properly it will be bootable as is. Making a CD bottable from Nero just puts in boot files on the disk, not what you want. Just burn the ISO using Nero, it will have a "burn image" option.
April 19, 2012 3:51:51 PM

hang-the-9 said:
An ISO is an "image" of a disk, meaning once you burn the ISO properly it will be bootable as is. Making a CD bottable from Nero just puts in boot files on the disk, not what you want. Just burn the ISO using Nero, it will have a "burn image" option.

from where can i get boot files?
m
l
Related resources
April 19, 2012 3:54:50 PM

Gulab said:
from where can i get boot files?

I already said you don't need it. Burn the ISO file onto a disk, it will have the full XP disk image on it, which is bootable.
m
l
April 19, 2012 4:20:23 PM

which version of nero should i use ?
m
l
April 19, 2012 4:23:02 PM

Gulab said:
which version of nero should i use ?

Does not matter, whatever you have installed. Any of them will be able to burn an ISO.
m
l
April 19, 2012 4:37:28 PM

i burned cd in nero 7,but it was not working properly. when i tried to run setup, cd was selected at boot time , then setup was not running.
so, what is the problem there?
m
l
April 19, 2012 4:40:53 PM

I'm guessing you are not burning the ISO properly, you don't just burn the file onto the drive, the ISO file is an image of the disk, you need to use the burn ISO, or image option in nero. Or the disk you downloaded is no good.
m
l
April 27, 2012 3:47:35 PM

Best answer selected by Gulab.
m
l
!