Sign in with
Your question

Have the Dell e510 what is some good RAM??(1GB per DIMM DDR2)

Last response: in Memory
April 22, 2010 4:28:49 AM

I have the Dell e510 and was wondering if there was any recomendations for RAM since i just got win7 and can use the full 4 GB. I have 3 installed now (2 1GB, and 2 512MB). The max RAM speed is included in the link (533MHz) along with all the info... I was just wondering what would be a good addition to:

Win7
P4 3.2GHZ
3GB RAM
9600GT
1TB HDD

- I would pick myself but im afraid to pick something to too fast and wont be able to use the options i paid for.
- Oh yes and is there a way to OC my CPU and RAM (Software-FREE would be great-since the BIOS is locked)??
- Any other upgrades under 75 that would be benifitial?? (Might as well build my own computer cuase its not all that fast, i just want to delay the inevitable... :) )

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-dimension-e510-de...

Thanks Ahead!! :)  :lol: 
a c 128 } Memory
April 22, 2010 10:29:27 AM

Leave the ram as is. It's not worth it to upgrade to 4 gb; oem boards are picky about ram and your new stuff may not work. I can't tell the difference between 3 and 4 gb using windows 7 ultimate. Dell boards won't overclock; your system may crash or have bluescreens if you start playing with the bios settings. Not worth it.
m
l
Related resources
April 22, 2010 12:51:57 PM

I got the same system, except I have a Pentium D 3.2 GHz and 2GB RAM. I have to concur that it's not worth it to upgrade the RAM. You might as well save the cash to buy some DDR3 memory for a new system.

I've checked Dell's website and EBay, and I can say that you will almost certainly get ripped off by buying RAM specified for the E510. It's also true that any RAM not specified could simply not work at all for you. I've had trouble with compatibility when dealing with Gateway's and other OEM's motherboards.

The lesson I've learned is to build my own machines.
m
l
April 22, 2010 10:08:14 PM

philologos said:
I got the same system, except I have a Pentium D 3.2 GHz and 2GB RAM. I have to concur that it's not worth it to upgrade the RAM. You might as well save the cash to buy some DDR3 memory for a new system.

I've checked Dell's website and EBay, and I can say that you will almost certainly get ripped off by buying RAM specified for the E510. It's also true that any RAM not specified could simply not work at all for you. I've had trouble with compatibility when dealing with Gateway's and other OEM's motherboards.

The lesson I've learned is to build my own machines.

Told my dad to go with the PD and he didnt end up going for it... so im stuck with this right now :( 
m
l
April 22, 2010 10:08:15 PM

I was planning too, but my budget would limit me to just an i5 when i want an i7 so ima going to wait for ahile :) . Thanks guys!
m
l
!