Mouse and keyboard not detected

I had problem connecting MP3 in my USB, reply about power surge.
I disconnected MP3 but noticed my mouse and k/b were usable.
I rebooted but still could not type or use mouse. The k/b lights for
scroll, num did not come on.
Is there a reset in the case to reset? This is a Dell Dimension 3000.
Thanks,
Anthony Bruno
ajbruno14@gmail.com
4 answers Last reply
More about mouse keyboard detected
  1. so are you saying that the USB port had a power surge?

in that case you may have to get new headers once a USB port is fried it won't come back what MP3 did you try to connect to the USB? a MP3 player?
  2. Upendra09 said:
    so are you saying that the USB port had a power surge?

in that case you may have to get new headers once a USB port is fried it won't come back what MP3 did you try to connect to the USB? a MP3 player?

Thanks for the reply. Not concerned about USB. But, would like to know if there is anything I can do to recognize the mouse and k/b? Is there something which
    needs to be reset, etc.
    Thanks,
    Anthony
  3. plug it out and plug it back in.

there is an existing problem if you try to connect a PS3-controller to a 64 bit windows: the usb-drivers get corrupted. solution: reinstall the drivers.

this can be tricky if you cant use a mouse and keyboard, to solve that get a ps/2-adapter to connect at least the keyboard to your pc (if you're lucky, you still have a ps-2 connection for mouse too)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200272&cm_re=ps-2-_-12-200-272-_-Product
    (an example of an adapter, search it in your closest shop)
  4. (i cant edit the previous message for some reason)
    that problem is known when you try it with the ps3-controller, it might happen with other things too

you can also test the keyboard with such an adapter.
Ask a new question

Read More

Mice MP3 Keyboards Components Product