Asus m4n98td

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to build a new graphic's machine and found this board. There isnt any feed back on it and am wondering if anyone has any information?
I like that it has nvidia chipset.
Or does anyone have a good recommendation on motherboards for amd. I'm currently looking at the black editions x4 655.

thanks for any help.
kevin
7 answers Last reply
More about asus m4n98td
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- What is your budget?
    2- Do u refer to the X4 955 or X4 965 right?
    3- AMD processor with chipset nVidia=problems
  2. yeah sorry, was early this morning. the x4 965.

My budget is around 900 for entire computer.

Ok so you think I should be looking at the amd chipsets. like the 790/750?
  3. With 900 u can build a very solid rig.

For the chipset, I need know if you want use Crossfire in the future, or just go with one GPU. In 4 days comes out the Thuban (six core) and the 890FX and 880G chipset, that are very good.

So, u can wait until the 26th of April to get a new 890FX mobo, or buy a 790FX mobo, that maybe drop their prices a little.
  4. I am thinking of getting a solid ati single vid card....no plan's on a dual card setup. I have no problems waiting until the 26th to start building the computer.
  5. Ok.

Phenom II X4 955 (u can get the same performance of he 965)
    Maybe a 5850 or 5870 is a very good option.
    4GB (2x2GB) 1333 is enough for now
    Mobo, could be a new 890FX, but like u don't want use crossfire, maybe with a 880G is enough or a 790FX.

I'm waiting too for he 890FX for upgrade my RAM , mobo and GPU (maybe two 5770 or 5850 in Crossfire mode)
  6. great, thanks for the information.
  7. saint19 said:

3- AMD processor with chipset nVidia=problems

Why?
    With no nForce compatible with the recent Intel processors, this might be a problem...
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards