Tags:
  • Asus
  • BIOS
  • Windows 7
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 22, 2010 12:05:35 PM

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can point me in the reight direction. i update my BIOS on my ASUS P7P55D DELUXE using ASUS EZ flash 2. All seemed to go well until windows loads. I get the wavy thing but then it drops to a blue screen with white letters for half an instance then tries reboot.

Windows tries to recover and reset to an earlier date but to no availe.

Any ideas where to go first?

Thank you for your time.

Geo

More about : windows bios update

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
April 22, 2010 1:22:27 PM

Check your acpi setting in the bios. If the default setting is different (enabled versus disabled) then windows may not load properly. If you don't want to reload windows, then you may want to flash to an earlier bios version. There's not much point in updating a bios unless the cpu won't work. I've tried newer bios versions for multiple frys combos, and sometimes I don't see any advantage to the newer bios.
m
l
April 22, 2010 2:23:47 PM

yeah -- i knew it was a risk -i've been getting intermittent 2 second black screens on this new build, so i figured i'd eliminate a conflict with the BIOS from the list of possible causes.
m
l
Related resources
April 22, 2010 4:31:32 PM

on the ASUS website, it says one should clear the CMOS after a BIOS update. could that be the issue? is anyone familiar with the clear cmos button on this board?
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
April 22, 2010 5:46:08 PM

Check your ram voltage in the new bios. You may have to experiment for awhile to get some stability.
m
l
April 29, 2010 1:21:36 PM

i cleared the CMOS and changed the J-MICRON setting back to AHCI. one of those two actions fixed the issue.

Thanx!
m
l
!