Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Do i need better cooling when i overclock to 3 ghz

Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 13, 2010 12:11:22 AM

do i need better cooling when i overclock to 3 ghz

More about : cooling overclock ghz

January 13, 2010 12:17:06 AM

yeah, if i have i5-750 2.67 and msi p55-gd65 mobo am I safe using O.C.Genie to boost up to 3.0 with stock cooling?
m
0
l
January 13, 2010 12:22:19 AM

very vague question inforedx. would you like to give a little more information?

inforedx/mp27 same person?
m
0
l
Related resources
January 13, 2010 12:33:20 AM

inforedx said:
do i need better cooling when i overclock to 3 ghz
I have an amd anthlon and i want to overclock it for games. I was just wondering if i need better cooling. I would think increasing 90 mhz on the cpu wouldnt make a thermal difference.
m
0
l
January 13, 2010 12:38:08 AM

how old of an athlon are we talking about here?
m
0
l
January 13, 2010 12:40:29 AM

mp27 said:
yeah, if i have i5-750 2.67 and msi p55-gd65 mobo am I safe using O.C.Genie to boost up to 3.0 with stock cooling?
Guessing on Itel processors(because they have a higher temp than amd processors) you may need a better cooling solution than just stock cooling.
m
0
l
January 13, 2010 12:41:58 AM

roofus said:
how old of an athlon are we talking about here?
Anthlon x2 64
m
0
l
January 13, 2010 12:42:16 AM

no, that 750 can do 3.0 on stock cooling even as poor as the Intel cooler is.

now yours infor.. is this one of the new ones or an older one?
m
0
l
January 13, 2010 12:48:05 AM

roofus said:
no, that 750 can do 3.0 on stock cooling even as poor as the Intel cooler is.

now yours infor.. is this one of the new ones or an older one?
what do you mean? Im new here.
m
0
l
January 13, 2010 12:51:12 AM

Well im guessing new because i bought my computer at best buy not even 4 months ago.
m
0
l
!