Solved

Which heatsink and fan ?

14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which heatsink
  1. If I had to pick one of them I would go with the coolermaster. Note the copper heat transfer pad. The stock intel one isnt bad though. Dont try to overclock much more then 5 % with either of them though.
  2. I used a similar heat sink to this at one point, same design different company. Results were moderatly better then the stock cooler. When choosing a air cooler important things to look for are Copper (more is usually better) Fan RPMs/ how many CFMs (cubic feet per minute) the fan can push. Im a big fan of the ZALMAN CNPS series for air cooling. weather your looking to get the most bang for your buck or your looking to get the most epic cooling I would suggest checking out http://www.frozencpu.com/
    Ive been using their info for years in combination with newegg.com and obviously tomshardware.com
  3. thanks and do they deliver to australia ?
  4. are they any good for overclocking ?
  5. Which CPU are you planning to overclock? & Whats your max budget?

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 can handle a decent overclock & will cool much better than your stock cooler.

On a side note, The Cooler master Hyper 212+ is a great choice for overclocking.
  6. my budget is about 20 dollars because i have no more money left lol
  7. oh and im going to overclock the e2180 i know its crap and my motherboard is old but atleast im going to get the q6600 for my bday
  8. Do you really need to overclock? The performance gain would be negligible.
    My advice would be to save your money for future upgrade. :)
  9. i do want to overclock because its a cheap project and im still learning this is my first build so im just starting cheap so if i stuff this up its not going to be a big problem ;)
  10. Best answer
    jakepf1 said:
    i do want to overclock because its a cheap project and im still learning this is my first build so im just starting cheap so if i stuff this up its not going to be a big problem ;)

Well in that case, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 would be a good option.

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 - Review
  11. Best answer selected by jakepf1.
  12. thanks i have been looking at that one i just needed a second opinion :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Fan Overclocking