Sign in with
Your question

Water cooling system.

Last response: in Overclocking
February 24, 2012 5:32:30 AM

Wanted to start water cooling my cpu gpu and w/e els i could use liquid cooling for instead of air right now i just use the factory stock heatsink and some 120mm/240mm fans to cool my computer. Wanted to start water cooling wanted to know where i could find a guide on it and what system would be best please dont tell me corsair h60/70/80 i tryd it out it was crap the water heated to 100F when i over clocked.

More about : water cooling system

a c 324 K Overclocking
February 24, 2012 1:01:30 PM

Start reading the sticky linked below.

Quote:
please dont tell me corsair h60/70/80 i tryd it out it was crap the water heated to 100F when i over clocked.

100F isn't that significant when you consider ambient temps, delta and heat load. We talk in terms of Celsius so, 100F is around 37-38 C which is just over idle temps for most people's CPU.

Please read as much as you can in the sticky...there are a lot of misconceptions out there, information is your best ally.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 24, 2012 1:15:50 PM

100F is extremely low. You almost certainly won't do better than that on liquid, not by more than a couple of degrees. None of these cooling systems can get you any lower than the temperature of the air around the case: they don't actually cool your components, just dissipate their heat very well.

Go for it it you want, but know that you'll be doing it for aesthetics, not performance. You don't need temperatures lower than what you have; they won't help anything. LC is a viable aesthetic move; you just have to be comfortable with the idea that your money's going toward looks.
m
l
Related resources
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 24, 2012 2:12:56 PM

I completely agree when it comes to CPU cooling, but GPU cooling can almost be halved when watercooling. I run SLI GTX 560 Ti's and at load, they never go over 42-43C (even running 100% load in BOINC) whereas my friend runs the same exact 560Ti and at loads, he sees around low 70's C...a difference of about 30C cooler.

I recently upgraded from SLI GTX 260's and saw the same temps with water, but my brother also runs SLI 260s and sees high 70's C at loads.

In either instance, air or water, both are viable cooling options as long as you determine what your expectations are with either solution. Water is far more expensive, but if you use air, it is essential you have the airflow needed to cool what you are running. Watercooling needs airflow, but only over the radiators as this is where your heat dissipation takes place.
m
l
February 24, 2012 9:20:53 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Start reading the sticky linked below.

Quote:
please dont tell me corsair h60/70/80 i tryd it out it was crap the water heated to 100F when i over clocked.

100F isn't that significant when you consider ambient temps, delta and heat load. We talk in terms of Celsius so, 100F is around 37-38 C which is just over idle temps for most people's CPU.

Please read as much as you can in the sticky...there are a lot of misconceptions out there, information is your best ally.

I said the water got to 100F my cpu was staying around 70-84C.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 25, 2012 12:59:08 AM

How do you know the water was 100F?

If the water was 100F (38C) and your CPU was 184F (84C) then either the cooler wasn't correctly installed, the pump was bad the pump was airlocked.

Depending on CPU and the overclock being used, this is my first set of guesses.
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
February 25, 2012 11:02:14 PM

You didn't really ask any questions, so in the meantime, I was offering help with why you feel your Corsair unit might have failed your expectations.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
February 27, 2012 6:30:14 AM

@ senpepe - the thread'd move along very fast if you absorbed all the help that came your way.

Quote:
Im not retarded the corsair water coolers are *** i asked not to start making this thread about u saying ur corsair h80 is great and im not doing it right and thats all it turned into tyvm for the help

FYI - there are no questions in your first post, just a long line of text with 2 punctuation's.

Rubix is a seasoned WC vet. show a lil respect mate...

going along this thread and info on your case: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/273640-29-tower-water... , i'd guess you have bad airflow in it. Since you didn't want us to try and solve your initial problem, we will gladly offer you some advise on WC - but you need to read up on the sticky as Rubix mentioned and decide what sort of rad/block/fittings and tube you want to get.

It's kinda like pimping out your Porsche Turbo 911, you know how you want it. if it looks too ugly, we'll touch it up for ya ... :) 
m
l
!