[PLEASE HELP!]OC errors and problems. Tried everything! AMD Phenom II

PBax

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
I have built a new system and can't seem to get a stable OC :(. It's effecting both my part time business on the side and my schooling. Already spent countless hours researching and trying, but still can't get it stable. Have run many Prime95 tests, but they ALL end up on a BSOD (several posted bellow). Doesn't seem to be an issue with temps reaching too high. I hope the following will provide you enough information for some insight on what steps may be taken to solve this problem.

WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP, AND AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE! I am desperate :(....

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X6 BLACK EDITION 1100T Thuban

MOBO: GIGABYTE 880GA-UD3H

RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 Dirt 3 Edition (have dual BIOS switch. One that's unlocked to 6970 shaders, and one at stock shaders. Currently have an OC using Sapphire Trixxx to match the 6970 memory/ gpu clocks *see pic below*)

SSD: OCZ Vertex Plus SATA II 120 GB HD (Holding OS + Games + Drivers ONLY)

HDD:
1x Raptor 7200 RPM HDD 500GB (Holding every other app minus games/ OS)
1x WD 2 TB Green HDD (used for backup/ video/ photoshop work)

CPU INFO:
33opnpd.jpg

GPU OC *Notice the voltage is pretty high for a low OC, but wanted to make sure it's stable. I have tried all range of voltages to make sure*:
24oufrl.jpg

***ON TOP OF THE BSOD IMAGES I HAVE BELOW, I HAVE ALSO GOTTEN THE FOLLOWING ERRORS:******
STOP: 0x000000D1
STOP: 0x000000A1
STOP: 0x000000E1

2ajrgv8.jpg

161cjtj.jpg

5l17x2.jpg

2l8gead.jpg

245les7.jpg

Quaddro

Distinguished
bccode : 0x0A
there are unstable imc (memory controller).. try to increase your cpu nb voltage.
if you still got bsod, increase your cpu vcore..

bccode :0x1A
Memory management error, increase RAM voltage

bccode: 0x1E = increase CPU VCore

since your memory and nb run on default mode, there are biggest possibilities that your processor lack of voltage..

but..

1.536v seems preety high on amd six core chip..

i always recommend 1.475v as a highest safe voltage for thuban..

but if you enjoy your setting, just do it.
increase your cpu voltage and find stability with your setting..:)

PBax

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
Going run another Memtest86 again to be safe... but I am pretty sure my RAM isn't the issue :( *at least physically, pretty sure the timings, clocks, and voltages are as should be for my RAM (at least according to Kingston's page)*

PBax

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

First of all, ty for your reply!

That's kinda what I was wondering. I have noticed people top out voltage at 4.2GHz clocks on the same CPU at 1.475v, so I figured mine would be okay and stable pushing it past 1.5v.

So your recommendation is to increase the cpu voltage even higher than 1.525?

Is there another settings/ config you would recommend based off my setup? I really would like at least 4.0 GHz clock from the CPU minimum :(

I am a moderate level and experienced overclocker, so I will take any advice I can get and learn from it.

Quaddro

Distinguished
different processor has diferrent overclocking capabilty. even if it has same model..
so you can't simply copy the other setting to your own processor.

i have 1090T and it's struggle very hard even to touch 3.8Ghz @1.475v, and i won't pass this safe voltage limit..:)

actually i recommend that you lowering your voltage to at least 1.5v..
but, if you want to have a little more adventure, try to play with your fsb..

usually using multiplier to overclock,need more voltage than via fsb.
250x16 sometimes need less voltage than 200x10, depend on your cpu characteristic..

set the multiplier to the minimum, maybe 8.
cpu nb 600
htlink 600

then find your highest fsb that your motherboard can afford.

if you already find the maximum fsb, try to raise maximum frequency via multiplier again.

and if you find it, try to set clock of your htlink and cpu-nb as close as possible at 2000mhz.

bardacuda

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Yeah your CPU just may not be able to clock that high regardless of voltage increase. Increasing voltage has diminishing returns and at a point you will basically hit a wall when trying to clock higher.
I just got a 1090T myself and I needed the voltage as high as 1.432 - 1.472 to get stable at 4.00GHz. (it varies while being stress tested) I could not get stable at 4.05 even going above 1.5V. However, clocking down to 3.86GHz I only needed between 1.38 and 1.43V

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
4.2 is more of an achievement for 24/7 usage, not a regular clock for most chips. Get 3.8 stable then move upward until you have issues.
You may want to play with your NB and HT to get it stable as phenom ii gets it's best clocks when you find out where it wants these at.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023
This is a very helpful guide on how to OC phenom II and explains what I said about NB and HT affecting your max clocks.

steelninja

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
This post may help me I am having the same problem as you but cant get past 3.6 Ghz to boot with my 1100t but my asus Mobo seems to have radically different settings options to most others I see including your my 'CPU Overvoltage' just confuses the hell out of me co's the values are very odd indeed and don't represent 1.325 volts which is stock just goes from auto to 1.02750 or something like that and don't know what it means but any adjustments to this and it just wont boot but 3.6 Ghz boots with overvoltage set to auto but 3.7 or 3.8 won't & my temps seem allright also I havent taken mine anywhere near 1.5 volts but the only way I can monitor my Cpu voltage is when I clock with amd overdrive co's in bios it won't boot if I adjust CPU overvoltage so am never able to see what effect the changes have had.
I hope you fix your problem and am hoping somone can help me with mine in my post I just entered.
You sound like you are more experienced than me I am a beginner
Good luck mate

Ps your 1100t CPUz screenshot looks Badass with 4.2 Ghz I hope you get it stable & I can only dream of getting that