Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Specs:

EVGA nforce 680 SLI
EVGA 8800gtx
Quad core 3.0
550w power supply
2 4g sticks of ram(forget the brand)

Hey guys. 3 days back I rebooted my comp while using it, and it went from working fine to getting no signal. Since then I have tried different monitors(including a new one) and I got a new video card (radeon 4880) to try it and see if the problem was my video card. When I got home and switched in the new card it worked the first time on bootup and it seemed ok. I rebooted the comp and again it went from seeming ok to having no signal. So I'm pretty sure the problem can't be the monitor or video card, nor is it the DVI cable I use to connect them.

I'm just wondering what the next step should be in determining the cause of the no signal? My guess would be the mother board right? My mobo does have the code FF though which should mean everything is working fine right(it's had it since I built the pc)? Could the problem be the power supply or the RAM? Any info or help would be great guys, thanks.

Also my apologies if this is in the wrong thread section.

llorona

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I had the same problem with my samsung t240hd.
I restored my system to a time before the most recent update and it was solved. Windows update may have caused the problem.

tugget

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I get no signal from the time I start up the pc, it goes straight to the no signal screen and then goes dark, so I can't even get to the BIOS. I'll try switching the RAM out today and get back.