missing or corrupt file?? Help!!!

I restarted my computer today. When it went to load Windows XP it came up
with the following message.

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

you can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows setup using the
oringinal setup CD_ROM.

What do I do to fix this.

Thx

Greetings --

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

Once you've recovered, you might want to look here, as well:

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822705

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you: