Need help finding a backup solution for laptop

g-unit1111

Titan
I'm trying to figure out how to backup nearly 300GB of data off my laptop so I can reformat the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium since I seem to be getting way too many registry and driver errors, it's been almost a year since the last reformat which did not go over very well since the Toshiba restoration discs (model: Satellite A500-ST6622) didn't do the job they were advertised to do. After reading the article on external blu-ray burners I am seriously thinking that getting the Plextor external Blu-Ray burner would be a good option to go on since I can reuse the discs on multiple machines, but I'm also thinking of using a 1TB external HD to go on, since that would be quicker, which would be the better option?

Solution
Depends on what you like to do. Personally, I would get the external HD, and hope that the laptop has either USB 3.0 or eSATA for faster transfers. Blu-ray would require quite a few discs, unless you get up into triple- or quadruple-layer. An external HDD can also be used on multiple drives

Before wiping your drive, please take the time to verify your backup. It would be a real pain if the backup could not be read.
Depends on what you like to do. Personally, I would get the external HD, and hope that the laptop has either USB 3.0 or eSATA for faster transfers. Blu-ray would require quite a few discs, unless you get up into triple- or quadruple-layer. An external HDD can also be used on multiple drives

Before wiping your drive, please take the time to verify your backup. It would be a real pain if the backup could not be read.

Solution