Sign in with
Your question

Help with internet connection

Last response: in Networking
November 11, 2009 11:50:43 AM

Hello all, let me tell you right up front that I am not overly knowledgeable about computers so if you can speak to me on a third grade level I would appreciate it :) 

Problem: I have three computers in my house. Two of them are connected to a router, the third I set up using a wireless usb adapter which worked fine. Now because of work I had to hook up that wireless usb computer directly to the router using an ethernet cord. I unplugged the wireless usb (can't use wireless because of work btw) and hooked up the ethernet line. Now I can't get on the internet. I tried everything I could think of including rebooting the router, rebooting the computer and releasing and renewing the ip address. This computer has worked before with this setup but that was before I had set up the wireless usb. Any thoughts of what is happening? I can only imagine it was something with the original setup of the usb but I can't think of what it might be.

Any help would be appreciated. And remember "like a third grader". Thanks

FYI all the other computers can connect to the internet.

FYI x2 No firewall is running on the computer I'm trying to connect at this time.

More about : internet connection

November 11, 2009 12:29:48 PM

Disregard, I had to uninstall the driver on the network card and reboot. I knew it was something easy.
m
l
!