ramasst.exe running from startup

Hi, I think that this is nothing at all but ever since my
sister used my computer over the summer with AOL and all
sorts of other stuff, obviously several utilities were
downloaded and are now bein run. I've cleaned out the
majority but I was wondering what the 'ramasst.exe' was
for, and if it was necessary/beneficial. Thank you very
much for your time!
1 answer Last reply
More about ramasst running startup

    The file in question is used to ensure that your DVD writer doesn't have the
    built-in disc burning tool in Windows XP switched on, so that you can use
    DVD-RAM's like a 4.37Gb floppy disc. As the reference in the registry
    suggests "CD Burning of Windows XP disabling tool for DVD MULTI Drive". Best
    to leave it on, and it is such a small program anyway.

    Nik

    "Rob" <ruddyrob@msu.edu> wrote in message
    > Hi, I think that this is nothing at all but ever since my
    > sister used my computer over the summer with AOL and all
    > sorts of other stuff, obviously several utilities were
    > downloaded and are now bein run. I've cleaned out the
    > majority but I was wondering what the 'ramasst.exe' was
    > for, and if it was necessary/beneficial. Thank you very
    > much for your time!

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP