ramasst.exe running from startup

August 27, 2004 12:49:04 AM

Hi, I think that this is nothing at all but ever since my
sister used my computer over the summer with AOL and all
sorts of other stuff, obviously several utilities were
downloaded and are now bein run. I've cleaned out the
majority but I was wondering what the 'ramasst.exe' was
for, and if it was necessary/beneficial. Thank you very
much for your time!
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 8:41:24 PM

The file in question is used to ensure that your DVD writer doesn't have the
built-in disc burning tool in Windows XP switched on, so that you can use
DVD-RAM's like a 4.37Gb floppy disc. As the reference in the registry
suggests "CD Burning of Windows XP disabling tool for DVD MULTI Drive". Best
to leave it on, and it is such a small program anyway.

Nik

!