Jimmkibogo

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Hallo esteemed community? My harddisk contains important files but currently unreadable. How do I get to recover my files?

chiefkikaho

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I had this problem with a hard drive.... did it show up as a raw partition after a reboot? If it was a corrupt partition.... partition wizard did the trick, just analyze the drive and let it fix it for you.... i cant count how many articles i ran through over the months to recover a partition.... I tried so many different boot disks, data recovery, partition table, mbr fix programs all to no avail..... Partition wizard was so easy and fast. Good luck

Jimmkibogo

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
If I boot from a different computer with the corrupted disk connected, it shows but with no details unlike the boot disk which shows the details of free and used space. Do I still try the partition way

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Try this: connect the drive to your computer, download and install Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/). When you first start it, it will ask you to go through a wizard, click Cancel, bringing you to Advanced view. Got to the Options button, and select "Deep Scan", "Scan for deeply overwritten files" and one more that I can't remember, there's also a fourth tick box if you want to select that. And make sure you have the corrupted drive selected instead of C: ( or whatever letter it is, it might vary. And once it's done, you can recover the files to a different location. Oh, and there's also a tab where you can specify if you want it to scan for say, Document files. Choose whatever you like.

EDIT: the parentheses are not part of the URL, I just did that to make it more clear.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007

they both can recover data from formatted,lost, corrupt partitions you would need an external drive,udb flash drive or dvdwriter to copy the data to.

Mar 18, 2013

FUCK that's good advice! I cannot thank you enough! :)