Sign in with
Your question

Normal behavior for a Samsung F3? (Write Error Rate)

Last response: in Storage
September 14, 2011 5:14:00 AM

Hey, this is my first ever Samsung HDD so I have a question.
I installed my new Samsung HD103SJ about two weeks ago and ever since the write error has gone up.
I know certain attributes doesn't apply to all drives (for instance Seagate drives always increase ECC corrections by a huge amount, that's normal) so I'm just wondering if this is normal behavior for a Samsung F3 drive?

I ran the extended test by using the Samsung's HDD tool, twice, and both times it found no errors at all.
Quite odd so I'm looking for some info from Samsung users.

Thanks!

Screen:
http://oi52.tinypic.com/2pzwuhd.jpg

PS: Are anyone able to use HWMonitor without it crippling the entire system? I've always had HWMonitor running in the background but it's impossible with the Samsung harddrive for some odd reason.
a c 288 G Storage
September 15, 2011 9:36:59 AM
September 16, 2011 4:15:51 AM

Yeah something odd is indeed going on. Watching a simple youtube video will increase the write error by quite a bit - So I'm thinking it's not really a write error per say, but something else that I have yet to figure out.

Think I'll try a new cable (again) and see if it gets any better. Thanks for the reply.
Related resources
September 17, 2011 12:24:01 PM

New sata cable, different sata port and a refit of the power cable seems to have cleared up all the write errors. 2 days with lots of flash videos, file copying and defragmenting = 0 write errors.
September 29, 2011 11:58:52 AM

.. And just to completely verify that the issue is now gone

No increase in write errors at all.
!