Overclocking my E6300 cpu

if i want to overclock my intel pentium dual core E6300 2.8ghz processor, what should i do, increase my CPU bus speed(266.7mhz*10.5- stock) or increase FSB(1066-stock)?? i have an ECS p45t-a mobo with M.I.B

thanks
16 answers Last reply
More about overclocking e6300
  1. sorry I cant anwser your question but what gpu do you have, and have you run 3dmark vantage? If so, what was your score?
  2. i have a XFX HD4890 but i havent ran 3dmark vantage but i will do now now and reply
  3. actually, i can only do that on friday because my gfx card is at my cousins house
  4. Tell us what ram memory do you have?
  5. i only got 2g of DDR2 800mhz... the cheapest of the cheap. make is Dynet or something
  6. increase your fsb when it bsods add more volts to the cpu then to the nb.
  7. Try 10.50/10x300 (1200) with the voltage at 1.28v or 1.3 if you have a after market cooler.
  8. OC is pretty easy. You can start by increasing the fsb to 333 and make sure the ratio fsb/ram is 1:1. This way the ram memory will work at 667 so you can lower the timings.
  9. cool cool i'll try it out
  10. there is a very good sticky out there, increasing cpu bus speed or the fsb are the same thing, cpux4=fsb cpu clock = (fsb/4)xmultiplier
  11. yaa i see what u mean. thanks
  12. E6300s should be able to go ~4.0GHz without problems.

The E5x00 series can do 4.0GHz at around 1.4v, and the E6x00 are better binned so it should do the same with less volts and less heat.
  13. Yes, but everyone remember that the FSB clock is probably held back by how high the memory can clock.
  14. As long as he has 667 or above memory, it should be enough to OC to 4.0GHz I think.
  15. Well I have shoddy RAM on my system.

Really limits my overclocking.

Not that I would admit to that :P
  16. amdfangirl said:
    Well I have shoddy RAM on my system.

Really limits my overclocking.

Not that I would admit to that :P

awww :cry:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Dual Core