Sign in with
Your question

Memory for a MSI 785GM-E51

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
April 23, 2010 8:47:16 AM

Alright I have already bought some memory off of Ebay the ram didnt work Doa or not compatable not sure I tried my Friends OCZ Black edition ram it worked fine I"m considering buying 4 gigs of of the OCZ black edition ram.

Be for I buy are there any other rams out there I can buy that will work out of the box I don't plan on over clocking or any thing like that I just want something for small gaming nothing big.

My system has a 9800 gt in and a phenom II dual core which I unlocked to a quad core tested with prime95 cores are stable Will be using windows Xp on boot up but I have windows 7 upgrade disk waiting tell I get stable ram be for I install. I'm Also Using a ultra 600w power supply not sure on the model but its got enough amps to run the new 2 series nvidia cards but I'm to poor to afford a 260gtx atm but soon I hope :p 

I've read reviews on Newegg how ram wasn't compatable or u had to tweak the settings I don't have the kinda of money to throw around to buy a new system if i tweak something wrong.

My MSI 785GM-E51 Bios is fully updated to most recent I took the time to flash it so I could unlock cores.

Any help is better than none

More about : memory msi 785gm e51

a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
April 23, 2010 9:34:15 AM

Well, I'd go for the AMD Black Edition RAM - it's been certified for AMD CPUs, and should work right out of the box. Otherwise, there should be Corsair Dominator BEMP, which is pretty much Dominator RAM for AMD CPUs.

Oh yeah, if you do want to buy a new video card, get the HD 5770 instead, for around $40 - $50 less on average, but you get DirectX 11 and Eyefinity, unless you want to buy a GTX 260 and use your 9800GT for PhysX.
m
l
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
April 23, 2010 6:41:53 PM

Ok well what sites are there out there for buying memory i'm looking for good prices don't want to spend more than 130 due to my budget and hard times.

Newegg has the ocz BE for $129.99 with a $20 dollar mail in rebate. Tigerdirect didn't have the Black edition from ocz I don't think they sell it any more seems like the Be addition is hard to find any where atleast for the price My friend said he payed around $110 for his 4 gigs of ocz BE that was about 4 or 5 months ago.

And what does BEMP stand for with the Corsair Dominator I looked it up on newegg all i read was a review were the guy said the corsair ram with a B in the model or something like that was made for Amd/Am3 builds.

I'm also still open to any other Idea's for other rams to buy or if you know a ram I can buy that wouldn't be hard to tweak and if you could explain how I might tweak this ram to get it to work properly remember my budget is $130 dollars I know I'm not going to get the best quality ram but some times you gotta make due.
m
l
!