Sign in with
Your question

Pre-overclocked cards

Last response: in Overclocking
February 25, 2012 6:47:41 PM

I've never overclocked before and am currently planning a brand new build. I was wondering if an already over-clocked card would be something to consider. What would be the differences in pros and cons when buying an already overclocked card and one I would overclock myself?

More about : pre overclocked cards

February 25, 2012 8:42:19 PM

The pros of pre-overclocked cards are
1) If you leave it at stock you will have the extra performance without voiding your warranty
2) Pre-overclocked cards in general are ones that have been binned higher so they tend to be able to overclock easily and may be able to reach high clocks if you want to overclock even further, without having to get lucky and getting that "magic" stock card

The pro of overclocking a regular card yourself is exactly that....you can just overclock it yourself easily enough and then you get all that added performance without having to spend the extra $$$ for the factory overclock. Also some people just enjoy overclocking and get satisfaction from finding that voltage vs. performance vs. heat vs. longevity sweet spot
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 25, 2012 8:42:28 PM

deepinsideme said:
I've never overclocked before and am currently planning a brand new build. I was wondering if an already over-clocked card would be something to consider. What would be the differences in pros and cons when buying an already overclocked card and one I would overclock myself?

Your not getting any responses because your question is not very specific.

Could you list your parts for your new build. :) 

I guess your asking about a pre-overclocked graphics card. If so the answer would be price and your ability to OC that card with out burning it up.

Pre- overclocked graphic cards come with a warranty. If you OC it then you could void your warranty.
m
l
!