Best motherboard for me

harish_71

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
hi all,

i am planning to purchase a new motherboard for my desktop. i would like to have your opinions on the best Mobo for me. My main requirement for the PC is to browsing and download torrents, convert it into DVD format and write to a DVD.

thanks

Haris

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
A ten years old computer can do that.
If you want to buy a new one, don't waste your money and go for an AMD Sempron LE140 2,7Ghz and a GIGABYTE MA785GM-US2H (you can unlock the other core of the sempron and get an Athlon X2 II. Moreover, it overclocks fine). The graphic chip and the sound chip are included in that mobo. You will only need to install 2Gb DDR2 800Mhz.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
well seems you looking for a bit lower powered comp. and no real gaming. id say go for a Asus mother board about 100-150dollar whit a Amd quad a cheaper moddel + the Asus board is nice for low electrisity bill. amd is insanly good for its prise range. and well grapics up to you if you plan on no gaming or realy little, Then id go whit one whit no fanns will keep goin much longer and a lot more quiet.

mother board whit ddr2 can see the need for ddr3 and 6 sata good for storage
ASUS M4A785-M, Socket-AM2+/AM3 its around 100dollar

good quad 2,8ghz
AMD Athlon II X4 630 AM3 95W and around 150 dollar not to hig power con

4gig of ram is always a good idea but it depends whot os you going to run
Corsair TWIN2X PC6400 DDR2 4GB KIT CL5 about 175dollar

no fan and the specs seem to put out a bit of a fight at least ^^
rColor Radeon HD 4670 1GB GDDR3 about 99,8 dollar

524,8 dollar well power and cabinet i think youl be able to handle
500W will most likely enough
and in my years of hardrive owner my favorit has been F3 samsung 1T they are epic work horses and got a nice price tag to ^^. ceep in mind you can go for a sheaper cpu and gpu car if you like. but these to will pr not haw to struggle to much if you work whit it.

hope i haw given you some help and sorry for bad spelling

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
well the hole pr whit a gpu on your mother board is that it most likely got a smal fan and well id realy dont need to tell you about the sound from that crap now do i ^^. But if you going to put it in to a wall or a space no one is in and only use remote controle then yes gpu and the motherbord is a nice plan.