Sign in with
Your question
Solved

BUILD me a A8 3870K Radeon !!!

Last response: in Overclocking
February 25, 2012 8:32:27 PM

So I just got off the phone (Yes at 3am -I luckily was not sleeping) with a gentleman who wants an A8 built for him.

His Priorities. .

*Remaining "AMD Dual Graphics" (Not to be confused with crossfire mind you)
*Playing STAR WARS on a 60Hz monitor
*1080p Blu-Ray XBMC & IceFilms
*Cheap as possible
*The ability to upgrade to crossfire at a later date (Days later if he is anything like me LOLOLOL)
*Overclocked
*At least 8 Gigs of RAM

So lets build it!

I was going to order the parts tonight but hey, oh well right.

Now, we HAVE to order the parts from decent sources and we CAN perhaps use gently used wares if it is deemed acceptable.

* WHAT VIDEO CARD?? (Has to remain APU + one Vid Card without going over a 6670 I think. .
1. What MoBo?
2. I think I can use THIS case. . Not sure yet so need some back up plans

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/classic_series/h2

3. PSU? Nothing overkill or wasteful I will back it back from him and sell him a LARGER one when he needs to crossfire
4 What HD? Doesn't care about SSD at ALL Just cheap. Does need to be at leat 300GB/7200 etc
5.What RAM? I personally think any BLUE ram would be ideal haha
6. Cooler?
7. What else ? man I am so tired. . Seriously fell a sleep a few times just writing last sentence.
8. Maybe a cheap little remote to command XBMC or whatever?

PLEASE ONLY PARTS ON NEWEGG OR AMAZON. THANKS!

More about : build 3870k radeon

a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
February 25, 2012 8:58:39 PM

or...... you could ditch the silly A8 and build him a cheaper i3 2100 which is faster for gaming and has better future upgrade options and leave some money to add a proper graphics card. A8's are expensive for what they are and the motherboards aren't cheap. As for option to crossfire 6670's in the future, well thats pointless and will result in poor performance and stuttering.
m
l
February 25, 2012 9:11:14 PM

The stuttering WILL be addressed before long. If not then who cares. No biggie bro.

Don't be so closed minded either you fool.

He has a $3000 gaming OC that SMASHES your pike of crap computer into the ground.

Anyways, gtfo this thread if you have nothing to contribute but conjecture, sarcasm, and crapola.

Anyone have any WORTHWHILE builds?

Basically, we just need to pick the best MoBo, PSU, Etc that is out there RIGHT NOW today for the money.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 25, 2012 9:20:12 PM
February 25, 2012 9:29:06 PM
February 25, 2012 11:21:23 PM

I do agree with iam2thecrowe though, basically the only upgrade you can get is faster RAM for more memory bandwidth for the graphics core or a better gpu, but if you got a faster gpu it would eliminate the concept of an APU since you would no longer be able to crossfire with the APU. That's the build I was trying to get my mom to buy minus the GPU and different ram
m
l
February 25, 2012 11:30:07 PM

Best answer selected by 213crz.
m
l
February 25, 2012 11:31:26 PM

Yeah but sometimes good enough is good enough. I have built a half a dozen of these APU configs and they are freaking awesome. So super quiet. No heat. Almost no damn power. And man, I love em. And I think it is just awesome technology. Like VTEC =) Thanks again bro.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 25, 2012 11:34:46 PM

Ok so people pay you to build them PCs, and yet you have to come to a forum to ask for build help? Thats humorous. Glad you arent my IT guy.
m
l
February 25, 2012 11:41:00 PM

He wasnt asking for help, just asking for an idea
m
l
February 25, 2012 11:49:46 PM

vrumor said:
Ok so people pay you to build them PCs, and yet you have to come to a forum to ask for build help? Thats humorous. Glad you arent my IT guy.

:non: 

You sir, are a GIANT idiot.

LMAO.

:lol: 

Anyway, glad you arn't my customer. I HATE closed minded fool's like you. Too bad there are a lot of you out here. Most of the time I just kindly suggest you go elsewhere for your business.

Btw, I am an Intel/Nvidia guy by trade. I build some of the craziest, gnarliest PC's money can allow. However, I will NEVER be smart enough to know it all about everything. Nor will I ever be the type of guy who is ashamed to ask stupid or silly questions if I do not know the answers. You really should take a step back and look at yourself and how YOU conduct yourself.

Just sayin :kaola: 

-RANT OVER LOL-

And thank you Mister Pintar for having my back on this on.
m
l
February 26, 2012 12:00:53 AM

And sorry about not posting hyperlinks, I was doing this from my iPad supplied to me from my school
m
l
February 26, 2012 12:13:20 AM

What do you mean bro? They were all clickable :sol: 

Okay ordered those it should be a good build. Not the fastest. Or the best. But a damn good well balanced rig for the money. And that is a lot of "new" technology in there.

At least to what my customer WAS used to using at school. Which was a single core, no GPU, rig LOL.

Thanks again for the blazing fast response and help bro.

I am going to order another one of these builds. So if anyone else wants to hook me up with links, or with info, or negative/positive feedback on this config that would be cool too!
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 26, 2012 12:16:52 AM

Go away crz! If your so freakin' smart and have built so many A8's you should have a parts list memorized by now!
Don't come in here asking for advice and bad mouth people for giving you an honest answer even if you don't agree with the answer.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 26, 2012 4:27:14 AM

Yes im sure you have built some of the gnarliest PCs ever. But dont hesitate to ask for advice on the next C2D build you do.
m
l
a b À AMD
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 26, 2012 8:29:38 AM

Charge him a bit more for overclocked apu graphics :p 
m
l
February 27, 2012 9:01:30 PM

DelroyMonjo said:
Go away crz! If your so freakin' smart and have built so many A8's you should have a parts list memorized by now!
Don't come in here asking for advice and bad mouth people for giving you an honest answer even if you don't agree with the answer.

I second that! Crz sounds like a 14 year old that got ahold of his daddys tools and is mashing together some computers for his stoned buddies.
m
l
February 28, 2012 5:14:39 AM

I realize this is kinda late...

But wouldn't the A8-3870K be a better buy than the A8-3850?
I read that you can OC the A8-3870K to 3.7GHz on air...
http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-a8-3870k-review/9

ALSO, shouldn't the RAM be 1866Mhz.. rather than 1600Mhz?

Just sayin'.. O_O
m
l
!