Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel wx58bp or MSI X58 PRO-E?

Last response: in Systems
October 27, 2009 2:19:54 PM

I'm in lookout for a budget x58 mobo.I actually chose to go with MSI x58 PRO-E.But my local retailer doesn't have it and he is trying to convince me to buy the intel WX58BP mobo.I searched a lot about it on the net but there doesn't seem to be any review of its reliability , overclocking abilities,cooling etc.
So this rich forum is my last hope left.
Has anyone got any experience with the board?
What do you suggest should I go for the intel board or should I look elsewhere for the MSI one?
I need it really quick.
If the intel one is good I might go with it coz it's readily available and I'll get prompt service from my trusted retailer.But I'm very apprehensive.
Please Help me..........quickly
By the way my other components are:
processor: i7-920
GPU: HD5850
RAM: 2X2gb ddr3
HDD : seagate 1TB HDD
Samsung 2233 SW
CoolerMaster 600w PSU

Best solution

October 27, 2009 2:22:17 PM

I wouldn't get either board. I haven't had good long-term reliability luck with MSI and Intel boards don't impress me. Do you have access to any Asus or Gigabyte boards? I would stick to one of those brands if at all possible.
October 27, 2009 2:52:46 PM

+1^

Gotta have triple channel ram for i7-920

Ive had good luck with higher end evga boards as well
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2009 2:58:52 PM

You don't HAVE to have triple channel RAM, but you should so you can take full advantage of the triple channel RAM controller on the CPU. Of course that's only true if the OP is using a 64-bit OS. What OS are you planning on using?
m
l
October 27, 2009 3:03:22 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
You don't HAVE to have triple channel RAM, but you should so you can take full advantage of the triple channel RAM controller on the CPU. Of course that's only true if the OP is using a 64-bit OS. What OS are you planning on using?

Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
well for the moment I'm going dual channel to balance cost
after a few months will add another 2gb stick.
But what about the mobo?
m
l
October 27, 2009 3:04:49 PM

My reply to the motherboard issue is above. I would avoid MSI and Intel boards. Try to stick to Asus, Gigabyte, or EVGA.
m
l
October 27, 2009 3:09:52 PM

I'll try to get Gigabyte x58 UD3R if I can get it.....thanks for your suggestion
m
l
!