Solved

What air cooler?

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Cooling
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 25, 2012 9:34:11 PM

Hey guys, built me self a system in jan, with a corsair h80, i had it rma due to airbubbles in loop :pfff:  , got a new and still had same problem, it sounds like a dieing hDD :( 
So after 2 attempts even the performance of these are amazing, looking for an air cooler to replace, any suggestions?
thanks guys,
Siege Templar
:D 

More about : air cooler

a c 131 K Overclocking
February 25, 2012 11:09:00 PM

No need for an expensive cooler, particularly if you are not seeking record level overclocks.
Spend $30 on a cm hyper212 or Xigmatek gaia.
m
l
February 26, 2012 7:53:10 AM

i was overclocking to 4.8ghz and running prime 95, looking for mid range, i have seen hyper 212, thinking of getting the hyper 612, it looks like a decent size, then do push pull config on it. Will that handle a 5.6ghz overclock cause that is my ultimate goal, just for the windows thing of 7.9 xD just to show off, at 4.8ghz i had 7.8 all my stuff is at 7.9 expect cpu xD
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
February 26, 2012 8:29:54 AM

siege_templar said:
i was overclocking to 4.8ghz and running prime 95, looking for mid range, i have seen hyper 212, thinking of getting the hyper 612, it looks like a decent size, then do push pull config on it. Will that handle a 5.6ghz overclock cause that is my ultimate goal, just for the windows thing of 7.9 xD just to show off, at 4.8ghz i had 7.8 all my stuff is at 7.9 expect cpu xD

"Will that handle a 5.6ghz overclock" no and neither will your cpu regardless of cooling if you have any respect for that cpu and want it to last :kaola: 
February 26, 2012 9:08:32 AM

jasont78 said:
"Will that handle a 5.6ghz overclock" no and neither will your cpu regardless of cooling if you have any respect for that cpu and want it to last :kaola: 

xD your right that is a bit stupid, i want to mildly overclock it, but mainly just to run cool and quite, maybe a hyper 612 with some nocta fans? then there is the problem of sorting out my loud ref. gtx 580 xD
m
l
March 4, 2012 6:33:25 PM

Best answer selected by siege_templar.
m
l
!