  • Boot
  • User Accounts
  • Windows XP
August 27, 2004 10:29:24 AM

1. Downloaded SP-2
2. Had Admiistrator / Limited User problems upon boot.
Only the Administrator would boot up.
3. My problem is I now have lost Administrator function,
I cannot use system restore, I cannot reload XP because I
downloaded SP-2.

Bottomline my computer has no administrator, only "Limted
User capability. Can anyone help?

More about : user accounts

Anonymous
August 28, 2004 8:18:08 PM

Have you tried to log into Safe Mode yet? You should then be able to log
into the Administrator account. Once you have Administrator rights you
should be a able to change those of other accounts to Administrator too.
Also, you can use Tweak UI to force Administrator to show up on the welcome
screen, if you don't want to change the present account(s). Just look under
Logon in Tweak UI. You can download it from:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

Nik

PS. For those used to using Tweak UI in earlier versions of Windows, it no
longer shows up in the Control Panel. You have to find it under 'PowerToys
for Windows XP' on the Start Menu.

!