Solved

MCP655 and radeon hd6990 questions

Hi guys! I just set up my liquid cooling system and I'm having some doubts as above.
Firstly, I'm using swiftech mcp655 pump and I got a lot of difficulties when I was trying to use my 3/8id 1/2od tube with it. I made it at the end but for the future if I want to change the tube or reposition my pump and stuff like that...I think I would need a top like the EK-D5 X-TOP or may be some other cheaper solutions like using some reducers from 1/2 to 3/8 ? or buy a new 1/2id tube and 2 new 1/2id fitting and use it for in, out let of the pump ?

The next problem is my AMD RADEON HD6990 (using XSPC razor waterblock) is having a very strange temp...its gpu1 and gpu2 has around 10-14 degrees differences (the gpu 1 is always hotter)...should I worry about it ?

please let me know your opinions guys! Thanks and sorry about my english =.=
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mcp655 radeon hd6990 questions
  1. The D5/MCP655 is native 1/2"ID...why not just use 1/2"ID tubing and fittings for your entire loop? This is a better solution than using those 3/8"-1/2" reducers that come in that package...just makes things more difficult than they really need to be.

Quote:
    The next problem is my AMD RADEON HD6990 (using XSPC razor waterblock) is having a very strange temp...its gpu1 and gpu2 has around 10-14 degrees differences (the gpu 1 is always hotter)...should I worry about it ?

This shouldn't happen. I run SLI GTX 560 Ti's in my loop, and they are always within about 1C of one another. I am guessing that the GPU block isn't seated correctly? Watercooling should keep these temps very, very close to one another.
  2. Well because I used 3/8id tube and fitting for a while and just changed my pump to the mcp655...

and about the 6990, I mean I only uses 1 physical cards but as you know there are 2 gpus inside...will it make any differences ?
  3. also if I use Swiftech D5 Pump Housing Custom G1/4 Threads then use 3/8 fitting to fit my 3/8 loop, will it have any bad effect to my pump ?
  4. Best answer
    franky nin said:

and about the 6990, I mean I only uses 1 physical cards but as you know there are 2 gpus inside...will it make any differences ?

A temp difference of 10-15C doesn't sound right though - it would mean that your GPU isn't dumping enough heat to the block/loop and the chip is heating up. I would definitely check and reseat the GPU block.

Quote:
    also if I use Swiftech D5 Pump Housing Custom G1/4 Threads then use 3/8 fitting to fit my 3/8 loop, will it have any bad effect to my pump ?

There won't be any issues with that. It makes sense to reuse tubing you already have (just didn't know that from the start).
  5. Best answer selected by franky nin.
  6. Dude you are wrong... You shouldn't worry about a temp difference between GPU1 and GPU2. And design it that GPU 1 is always hotter then GPU 2, because GPU 1 has more activities than GPU 2 (GPU 1 is primary and always works more than GPU 2). So no you don't need to worry at all!
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Radeon Overclocking