Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to undelete files FreeAgent GoFlex Home

Last response: in Storage
September 15, 2011 3:46:07 AM

A synchronisation software decided to be smart and remove some new files that I copied in my GoFlex Home, since the files were not part of the original backup, it's silly isn't it?, by the time that I stopped the sync there were around 200 of my wife's pictures gone.

I tried undeleting the files by using some of undelete tools but all of them works with local disks, so I started digging and could get into the disk by following the discussion from but I doubt there is a undelete command installed in the linux flavor of the GoFlex Home disk.

Is there any way to undelete files from this disk without going to Seagate and paying a fortune for doing this?

Thanks.
a b G Storage
September 18, 2011 4:20:26 AM

STOP USING THIS DRIVE!!! unplug it right now! the more you use it the less likley you can recover the files. you will need to scan this drive with data recovery software. i can remotely try and recover this data for you if you would like. you will need to use software such as get data back, or easus data recovery, or linux photorec. but the bottom line is do NOT write anything else to this drive or you will not be able to recover everything you have deleted.
September 18, 2011 2:36:45 PM

ncc74656 said:
STOP USING THIS DRIVE!!! unplug it right now! the more you use it the less likley you can recover the files. you will need to scan this drive with data recovery software. i can remotely try and recover this data for you if you would like. you will need to use software such as get data back, or easus data recovery, or linux photorec. but the bottom line is do NOT write anything else to this drive or you will not be able to recover everything you have deleted.

ncc7465, I bought a desktop adapter to USB (Freeagent STAE105) at my local best buy for $20, and I was able to plug the driver to my PC. After that I ran photorec and voila the missing pictures are back. Thanks for your reply.

Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
September 19, 2011 4:36:16 AM

k, glad to hear it worked out for you
November 28, 2011 2:56:37 PM

Except PhotoRec, the Seagate File Recovery Software also works great. Note: all software programs can only deal with data that un-overwritten. So the first thing you should do is stop pushing more data to the drive for a short moment. Regards.
December 8, 2011 12:27:23 AM

Best answer selected by magudelo58.
March 30, 2014 4:19:54 PM

Having similar problem here. Will try the suggestion.
!