Acer erecovery won't burn disc

Last response: in CPUs
a c 133 à CPUs
January 14, 2010 6:37:10 AM

not sure on your question what r u trying to backup a DVD or your harddrive
Score
a b à CPUs
January 14, 2010 8:18:54 AM

make sure u have installed all of the drivers for your system, and of course u will need an empty DVD on your DVD drive.. :) 
Score
Related resources
January 14, 2010 10:57:18 AM

I had an acer too, same bug ! I will never buy any acer product ever and you should do same !
Score
a b à CPUs
January 14, 2010 11:39:36 AM

abswindows7 said:
I had an acer too, same bug ! I will never buy any acer product ever and you should do same !

Maybe u just unlucky to had a problem like that, everyone had a problem with hardware and software... :) 
BTW, i never had an acer product, i always prefer toshiba... :D 
Score
a c 108 à CPUs
January 14, 2010 12:25:45 PM

wa1 said:
Maybe u just unlucky to had a problem like that, everyone had a problem with hardware and software... :) 
BTW, i never had an acer product, i always prefer toshiba... :D 

I'm guessing his OEM did not ship with a Windows OS DVD --- and he is trying to create one through the 'Windows Recovery Disc' process. It is generally a one-time one-shot deal to create the Windows DVD.

I've had the same problem with a number of OEMs -- including HP. It is a really crappy deal to not ship a box with an original OS DVD and expect the end-user to create their own with such an aggravating process.

And the process for creating the recovery DVD seems to fail as often as it succeeds.

Score
a b à CPUs
January 14, 2010 12:41:23 PM

I have an Acer Aspire laptop (the one with touch screen and radeon mobility 4570) and you can usually do this with a FRESH (I think they mean it lol, why not from the recovery partition, I dont know) out of the box install where it pulls data from the fresh install to make a disc out of it (including the system drivers) I think they check for the integrity of the machine before making the option to make a recovery disc available.

IDK if that helps, but I guess it's assumed that if you can get ur machine to a state where the drivers and other components are not there, you are capable of restoring a machine w/o the disc.

And IMO, the best recovery disc is one you get off the net, or pay retail for and not a OEM piece of junk limited OEM OS.
Score
a b à CPUs
January 14, 2010 12:50:13 PM

Wisecracker said:
I'm guessing his OEM did not ship with a Windows OS DVD --- and he is trying to create one through the 'Windows Recovery Disc' process. It is generally a one-time one-shot deal to create the Windows DVD.

I've had the same problem with a number of OEMs -- including HP. It is a really crappy deal to not ship a box with an original OS DVD and expect the end-user to create their own with such an aggravating process.

And the process for creating the recovery DVD seems to fail as often as it succeeds.

Mine too, so i had to use image recovery disk too since my laptop didn't come with a win OS DVD, but lucky me it succeed... :) 
Score
a c 108 à CPUs
January 14, 2010 2:25:55 PM

wa1 said:
Mine too, so i had to use image recovery disk too since my laptop didn't come with a win OS DVD, but lucky me it succeed... :) 

I'd almost be willing to bet that 95%+ of folks in this situation don't bother to makes the disc(s).

I ask folks about it and they look at me like I'm from Outer Space.
Score
February 18, 2010 1:39:30 PM

I had the same problem. It seems that the DVD-RW drive that comes with my laptop was finicky with the media it wants. I tried a variety of 8x DVD-R and DVD+R blank media and they weren't very good. I went with TDK's 16x DVD-R media and the process went flawlessly.
Score
February 18, 2010 3:54:39 PM

Never had an issue creating the CDs / DVDs... and it's true, most people don't do it. They wait until they have a problem and then they are scrambling to get some sort of media to reinstall their OS and programs.

As for burning the image, just use the burning software included with the computer to burn it from the file(s) you created on the other drive / partition. If you want to create your original recovery discs, you should have that option as well.
Score
June 28, 2010 12:20:49 AM

I have an Acer 3690-2050. I was unable to burn a "user backup""factory default" or "current system configuration" disc with erecovery management. After months of trial and error I found out that disabling my antivirus program allows erecovery "burn disc" option to work just fine. I hope this helps.
Score
!