ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 - Deal or no Deal

woodyhd

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Deleted. Kinda a dumb thread, but I'm also kind of diapointed no one replied. I did a bit more research and learned more about the board.

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
To summarize the Differences: The premium has everything the E model has as well as the following:
1-More heat pipes, even connecting the southbridge.
2-Dual Gigabit Lan
3-Rear e-sata bracket
4-A PCI slot fan
Otherwise they are Identical, I bet you can even cross-flash their bios! It's up to you to decide whether these differences worth the extra 40-50 bucks or not. I'm getting the premium coz I know I'll need the e-sata bracket.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

Short answer: The -E is a far better deal than the Premium, but Gigabyte's X58A-UD3R is an even better deal than the -E.

kluzan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I am interested in buying the board. I am looking to build a new computer with all the greatest hardware. Where does this board rank compared to the Asus Rampage 3?
I am an moderate gamer mostly looking for a system for video editing. I want to overclock an i7 920 to around 3.8. Is it possible?

blink180heights

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
ASUS P6X58D Premium is the best buy for the price, features and future technology (USB 3.0, SATA 6gbs and supports six-core processing). I wanted the ASUS Rampage III Extreme but the cost was way too over the top. I am not a fan of any company, i just recommend this board to the Original Poster and anyone else.

Somebody_007

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

I beg to differ. The premium isn't a bad board, but I fail to see why it's so expensive. I reccomend the ga x58a ud3r and ud5 over the p6x58d-e and premium. Simply because the asus boards cost more and seem to be no better. Don't get me wrong I like asus they make great products especially their ROG styling is amazing. But Asus' insane amount of features make them expensive compared to bassically similar product from gigabyte.

kluzan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I would agree. Newegg has the UD5 board for $269.00 after rebate. It looks like it has everything the premium board has.
I am also in the market for a new MB. I do like all the software features that the Gigabyte board has compared to the ASUS.
I am leaning towards the UD5 board.

Somebody_007

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
I'd get the ud5. It's flawed I'll give you that, but it's far less expensive and as you can see from the specs it's simply more board for less money. Apart from the specs it's also packed with dozens of LEDs for temps and voltages and a debug screen for post proggress.

Both asus and gigabyte software however is POS I've used both the ud5 and -e software and it's lame. Just use the BIOS.

IMO: UD5 all the way

boat capt

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
If you go up a couple of posts there is a comparison between the UD5 and the Asus. In the comparison it shows the Asus supports intel boost but the UD5 leaves it blank. As a novice I noticed this difference while comparing the two. I really don't know the answer I'm only reading the differences between the mother boards.

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Never rely on such comparisons. Read some reviews on the i7 processors. Turbo boost is, as said before, a CPU feature and any LGA1366 or 1156 mobo , from the cheapest to the fanciest and most expensive one, support it.

boat capt

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010

Today New Egg has the Asus premium for the same cost as the UD5. I was planning on getting the D-E but for $30.00 more am I better off going with the premium? I'm ordering today. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS