System Restore

emcee_75

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hello, I have an XP computer, yet I am not too familiar with the proceedings of this forum. I therefore do not know where to look for responses, if there are any. I am confronted with a situation that occurred on April 17, whereby I need to utilize System Restore to obtain some lost information. Unfortunately, I have to "create" the Restore Point of that day, and have never applied this system before. It gives a Restore point description, and states that the current date and time are automatically added to the Restore Point. Can any one help me with this situation please, as my current Restore Points are only traced back to April 18. Thank You

Hello & Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums. First off, your will be notified by email when a response is made to your thread, unless you unchecked the email notification when you submitted your Post.

Regarding System Restore: Accessories - System Tools - System Restore -
Click on settings and settings again. Move the slider bar to max to allow more room to contain additional restore points. Note: A restore point is taken automatically by the system on startup, and you can also manually take one, EG, if you want to install software / hardware, you can take a restore point before doing so.