Laptop graphic Card

yyhhcc

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Hi All,
GOod day to all of you..
I bought an Acer laptop yesterday, would like to get help on this query:

On the casing and the packaging it says that this laptop comes with 'ATI Radeon HD 4330 Graphics 512MB'. But when I open up Control->Device Manager->Display Adapters->.... here it says it is a 'Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family'. Is there anything wrong here? I thought I should be seeing something like 'ATI Radeon xxxxxx'. ?

And strange thing is , when i double-click on the adapter, it shows "Manufacturer : ATI Technologies Inc.

Please enlighten, am I being 'conned' by the reseller?

Thanks.

Mobility Radeon HD 4330 is an upgrade option.
You could very well have BOTH the standard 4500HD built into the motherboard and the added on HD 4330.

All models also come with Dolby Sound Room and some models will come with switchable graphics, moving between the standard Intel integrated graphics and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 with 512MB dedicated memory.

source: Hands-on with new Acer Aspire Timeline

Nice laptop by the way.

yyhhcc

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009

Thanks WR2 for the info found.

So, does that mean this laptop do not have the ATI dedicated card, but instead just a 'semi' ATI graphic card that sits on the main Intel Chip like the usual integrated Intel Graphic card?

Thanks in advance

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 with 512MB dedicated memory is a seperate (discrete) package attached to the motherboard.
It can be removed, replaced and possibly even upgraded by a new video package in the future.

AMR_HD4500_Img0423_BoardAng_M92_M.png

That's a picture of the mobile HD4550, the HD4330 is usually a surface mount package not on a separarte MXM board as pictured above.

Use GPU-Z and it should give you some good additional detail on the actual chip used which helps you figure out the type. I doubt it's removable or upgradeable.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
My laptop Video card

laptop.png

The ram on urs is SDR..hmmm

Although the Unified shaders are high, interesting card.

I'm going to assume its like Nvidia's Sli boost, where the integrated works for browsing and regular computing and the ATI kicks in with gaming and or other graphic related processes.

What was the sli name for this? it completely slipped my mind.

P.S

Try enabling Cross Fire