Temperature question

arrankar

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
i have thors hammer heatsink in dual-fan in push-pull on my GigabyteMobo/amd phenomII x4 965
and i played left4dead in maximum settings. my temperature goes 50 degrees on
each core and 57 degrees on the cpu core after 30 minutes of playing. are these temperatures normal?
any advice to bring my temperatues down? nway my case only got 4 fans. 140mm front intake fans, 120mm
rear exhaust fan and 2 120mm fan in my heatsink pushing air upward. nway my PSU is located up of the case.
Thanks

arrankar

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Thanks saint. another question will it damage my psu that all the heat from the heatsink is directed to it? because i tried facing the fans down to the gpu but it made my temperatue hot than what i have now.

fjiekie

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
can't you rotate your cooler so that it blows the hot air outside?
you can rotate that cooler in every direction (if your MB isn't in the way...)

if the fan of your psu is blowing downwards (directly to your cpu cooler) than 2 hot air streams get together and both you cpu and psu will get hotter.
it can damage something if the temp gets too high...

Your PSU should not have problems with the heatsink directed to it. This heatsink is touching the case of the PSU not the PSU components.

Another solution that your can try is change your heatsink for better cooler, this could solve 2 things, reduce a little more the temperature of your CPU and you can be sure that the heatsink don't touch the PSU.

arrankar

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

I cant rotate my heatsink, im using am2+ gigabyte mobo. i can only make it blow air up the psu or down the gpu. When i made it blow air to the gpu
my temperatures got high so i made it blow air up to the psu and its ok now. I wish i can rotate my heatsink so it can face my rear exhaust fans.

arrankar

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

I cant change my heatsink, i just bought it. lol and im little low on budget now. So i guess my PSU is fine then. Thanks for the reply.

TRENDING THREADS