Cosair force 3 my test vs review

blimsta

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Hi, ive read about some force3 ssd's have problems with the old fimware but mines got vr.1.3 so it should be ok but when I do some test the sequential transfer speeds are very difrent from the ones on review sites.

my test

review test

can anyone tell me what this means? Is it doing what its ment to do? should I send my ssd drive back or buy one more in hope it will raid no problems.

thanks

Need more Food - opps info.
What controller are you on, if Intel are you using the latest 10.6 RST?
What Controller is being used for the SSD in windows, ie ahci, iaSTol, or ....?

Normally for SSDs I prefer AS SSD. In the upper left it will indicate the controller and just below that it should show that the partition alignment is OK.

blimsta

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Crosshair iv formula Bios 1902 (newest not am3+) / 980fx chipset
Phenom II 980
2x2gb corsair CMG4GX3M2B1600C7

I set the bios to use sata port 1-4 as 6gb ahci (not ide or raid) and port 5-6 to IDE for cd-rom. Loaded the ahci drivers when installing window7 but I couldnt tell you if its worked XD.

blimsta

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
somone has just told me its because the review test was dont on a empty SSD and thats the reason why results are slow, I've got an OS and games stored on it.

would you agree with this?

thanks

Someone jump in if I'm all wet, But I think your results are low.

(1) Yes Running the benchmark on an SSD that is say 1/2 full will normally be lower than right after a fresh install.

(2) The Force 3 Uses a SF22xx controller. The AS SSD program uses data that is NOT compressable, The SF22xx great benchmarks are normally with data that is easily compressable. Real life probably inbetween, maybe a little closer to the Non compressable side at least for a boot/program drive.

(3) Earlier today I had to look up the performance for my Curcial M4, uses the marvel controller.
128 gig M4 Intel Chipset, Rst ver 10.6
Have two and both score almost Identical.
Seq..... 501.97 ...... 194.29
4K ...... 22.28 ....... 49.21
4k-64 . 296.64 ...... 155.71
Acess .. 0.089 ....... 0.202
Score....... 369 / 224
Overall ......... 774
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=32&post=273654&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

Two things, (A) I'm just not sure where the F3 stands compared to the vertex 3 and the M4. But I'd say your scores are considerably lower than they should be. (B) All my experience (have 8 SSDs) are on Intel chipset systems. About 6 months to a year ago SSDs (Sata II versions) performed better on Intel chipsets. AMD users werre complaing that amd was dragging their feet developing a driver and users were stuck using uSoft default AHCI - I think they corrected their problem, but unsure.

Hopefully a AMD user can jump in and offer some better advice and if amdata is the correct driver.

Apologize for my limited brain functionality.