White label Raptors fron eBay any good ?

verdugo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
While looking around eBay I noticed a large amount of OEM Raptors. They call them White Label hard drives. Are these any good ? Dependables ? The vendor has good feedback.
Any information is highly appreciated.

Solution

The most vocal reviews are by people who are dissatisfied. So if you don't see many negative reviews, it is a good sign. I would say "Go for it!". Try one first.

verdugo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
The vendor is gohardrive, looking at a 300gb Raptor, last one sold for $75 no shipping, new build late in the fall early winter with either a bulldozer or Ivy Bridge processor, main purpose is gaming but me and my daughter use the computer for other tasks too. I read the sellers feedback and the previous buyers seems happy with the drives. I just learned about these drives recently.

eBay is not Newegg!

With Newegg you can be confident (within reason) about getting quality merchandise. However, with eBay there is always a higher risk involved.

If the eBay reviews are good, prices very attractive, and other buyers are happy, factor in the risk and go for it!

verdugo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

I am aware of that. I have hundreds of purchases between the two. My questions is, is anyone aware of someone who purchased one and the results of using an OEM drive like this? The prices are very attractive but i'm afraid it may die after a few months only.

That question has already been answered by you in your post. You mentioned that "...I read the sellers feedback and the previous buyers seems happy with the drives...."

I based my comments on this statement.