Sign in with
Your question

Help, need a case and PSU for GA-EP45-UD3R+Q9550

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 4:39:26 PM

There are so many different types of cases and PSU's out there, so I am totaly confused. I am leaning towards a mid tower case but have no idea will that be big enough to provide sufficient cooling. Do you think 650W of PSU if I decide to overclick later. Thank you for your ideas!!!
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 4:50:55 PM

I went with this case, it has been nothing but good to me since i bought it, built really solid too. Be sure to check the reviews, no bad ones...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N...

For the PSU, i would go with a 650-watt + PSU from either Corsair or OCZ.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 4:54:08 PM

I haven't got video card yet, only the cpu, mpbo and G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1066Mhz. I do dot play a lot of games so it should be a middle range Video card.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 4:55:36 PM

I am more concern about the noice and energy consumption.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 5:02:03 PM

The antec 300 is a good looking one although its too big for me , I only live in one bed flat, so no much room. Do you think Thermaltake M9- Mid Tower is going to be fine for this configuration?
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 6:14:14 PM

zzfh is right, a mid tower case is a mid tower case, usually the sizes are non-negotiable. the Antec is a great case, i just suggested mine because it REALLY is a great case and it's something different other than an Antec that everyone usually recommends.
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 6:15:32 PM

by the way zzfh, our systems are similar, just wondering, have you tried to push your Q6700 any higher?
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 7:27:26 PM

strange how some chips are golden and some are not, could it be your motherboard that is limiting?
a b ) Power supply
January 14, 2010 7:49:21 PM

G0 CPU or the other, i forget what it was, maybe B0
a b ) Power supply
January 15, 2010 12:36:54 PM

man, that's what i have, must be bad luck. i'm going to try for 4.0 this weekend, 1.5 is ok voltage for this chip, right?
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
January 16, 2010 7:13:20 AM

Thanks zipzoomflyhigh for the advice. I will probably stick to Antec case. It is good value with plenty of scope for upgrade, olso, a good looking one. How about the OCZ PSU, do you think 550W is suficient if put under extra presure when overclocking? From the staff I read elsewhare I have an impresion that the bigger and most powerful the SPU is the better.
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2010 1:44:07 PM

some PSU's are built better, this means that a 550w PSU from OCZ or Corsair will be better than a 650w PSU from a no-name brand. There are a lot of factors that play here, like amp rating on the 12v rail, 80+ certified, etc...

To answer your question, the OCZ 550w PSU will handle anything you throw at it if you are using one video card, and in most cases, it will handle a 2 video card solution.
!