Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How to over clock a old Athlon 64 x2 4200+

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
February 28, 2012 10:58:43 AM

Hello

I want to over clock the old computers at my job.
They are Athlon 64 x2 4200+ cpus on a Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe mb.

I opened up the Bios and tried the built in preset % over clocks but they dont work so well. I was only able to get it to do a 8% over clock. When I did 10% the system kept rebooting.

I want to manually over clock it but I do not know what I am doing and what things I need to change.

How do I over clock the cpu?

More about : clock athlon 4200

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 28, 2012 10:36:38 PM

g335 said:
Hello

I want to over clock the old computers at my job.
They are Athlon 64 x2 4200+ cpus on a Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe mb.

I opened up the Bios and tried the built in preset % over clocks but they dont work so well. I was only able to get it to do a 8% over clock. When I did 10% the system kept rebooting.

I want to manually over clock it but I do not know what I am doing and what things I need to change.

How do I over clock the cpu?


See if this Link is of any help to you.
m
0
l
February 29, 2012 1:02:03 AM

arthurh said:
See if this Link is of any help to you.


Hello

Thanks it helps some but doenst tell me how to over clock the cpu. I do not know which values on which things to change

The mb has listings such as SB voltage, NB voltage, DDR voltage, etc.

I need to know which things to change and how to change them.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 29, 2012 11:01:32 AM

I used to have that exact same M/BD at one time but do not remember the settings any more. So that is the reason I'm giving you links. That being said;

Here is an review from Toms and a OC'n guide I found Here at Overclockers .com.

I truely hope this helps. :sol: 
m
0
l
February 29, 2012 10:25:43 PM

arthurh said:
I used to have that exact same M/BD at one time but do not remember the settings any more. So that is the reason I'm giving you links. That being said;

Here is an review from Toms and a OC'n guide I found Here at Overclockers .com.

I truely hope this helps. :sol: 


Thanks
m
0
l
March 1, 2012 4:11:35 AM

arthurh said:
I used to have that exact same M/BD at one time but do not remember the settings any more. So that is the reason I'm giving you links. That being said;

Here is an review from Toms and a OC'n guide I found Here at Overclockers .com.

I truely hope this helps. :sol: 


Hello

I follwed the guide and it worked well but when I went in and adjust the ram speed(within safe margins) the computer will not start up. The power button comes on and the fans start but the computer will not start up.

Do you know how I can get it to star up again?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 1, 2012 5:38:41 AM

You should see a jumper near the CMOS battery, (labeled CLR?). There are 3 pins with a jumper in 2 of them. Like 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. Move that jumper to the other 2 pins and remove the CMOS battery and unplug your power supply all for about 1 minute. Then put the jumper back where it was and the battery back in and then plug your power supply back in.

This will reset your BIOS to default settings allowing you to go back in and try to OC again.
m
0
l
March 1, 2012 7:00:02 AM

arthurh said:
You should see a jumper near the CMOS battery, (labeled CLR?). There are 3 pins with a jumper in 2 of them. Like 1 and 2 or 2 and 3. Move that jumper to the other 2 pins and remove the CMOS battery and unplug your power supply all for about 1 minute. Then put the jumper back where it was and the battery back in and then plug your power supply back in.

This will reset your BIOS to default settings allowing you to go back in and try to OC again.


Hello

Tried it but didnt work. Do know of anything else that might work? MB dead?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
March 1, 2012 11:13:03 AM

Quote:
Tried it but didnt work. Do know of anything else that might work? MB dead?


Try it doing it in this order; unplug power, move jumper(make sure it is the right jumper) and then remove battery. Sorry I was not more specific on this.

Of course you may have done it that order so if it does not work let me know.
m
0
l
!