tootntater

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
my tech guy recently cleaned my computer. and updated from vista to windows xp x32 pro serv pk 3 build 2600
intel core2 4300 1.80ghz x2 w/1014.39 mbyte undeteced graphics
I can not get my video controller "vga Compatable" to change from the yellow ?. i have gone into the run, devmgmt.msc, other devices. and this is what I get. I have spent 3 days trying to fix what the"tech" guy did. this is the only thing left. I hope. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Downgrading to XP can be tricky, but a video driver should not be a big deal. You simply need to identify the video hardware you have (most likely NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel), and then download the proper driver from the NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel website.

Of course, the preceding assumes all the motherboard drivers are properly installed. . .

tootntater

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012

thank you for responding. I noticed that you said downgrade not upgrade? was my tech guy blowing smoke? I thought this was an upgrade. I have the discs that came w/ my computer HP restore plus, operating systems 1 & 2. should I change back? Can I change back?
Will it let me use my 25 digit code? or is it null and void?

this is the latest I have found with the current issue.
it says I need to update the following. however it is not let me.

Graphics driver:
Product Detected ?
Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates.

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF)
Product Detected
Current Version Installed 9.2.0.1025
This version is valid.

Wired Networking
Product Detected Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Current Driver Installed 8.0.43.0
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates.