Constant Overclock (Disable Turbo Mode/EIST?)

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this questions has been asked several times but I felt I have searched somewhat thoroughly. I can not seem to get a constant overclock on my i7 2600k. If I understand correctly I need to disable Turbo Mode and EIST to get the processor to stick at 4.5Ghz. Though when I go to set the CPU Ratio manually it automatically enables Turbo Mode. Is there a way around this? I just want a constant overclock instead of the CPU being throttled when not in use. May I need a BIOS update? My motherboard is the Asus z68 pro gen3. Feel free to ask me questions if you need more info. Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about constant overclock disable turbo mode eist
  1. Why wouldn't you want to take advantage of the power savings? Does it not also increase longevity of the cpu? I'm only asking because I currently have my 2500k at a constant 4.3 for now.
  2. Ectomar said:
    Why wouldn't you want to take advantage of the power savings? Does it not also increase longevity of the cpu? I'm only asking because I currently have my 2500k at a constant 4.3 for now.

I understand the benefits of the features. I would rather have it at 4.5Ghz or whatever I choose constantly. Thanks for the help.
  3. Anyone know how to set a constant overclock? Thanks again.
  4. tstraus13 said:
    Anyone know how to set a constant overclock? Thanks again.

Try this LINK and see if it helps you. :sol:
  5. I may have solved the issue. I am going to run some more tests though. It seems that however I have the processor clocked it always shows running at 3.4Ghz in the BIOS, but when in Windows the overclock seems to take effect. I figured it would show the overclock upon saving and rebooting in the BIOS as well. Interesting...
  6. Thanks for the help arthurh. I'll take a look.
  7. tstraus13 said:
    Thanks for the help arthurh. I'll take a look.

Your quite welcome my friend and it looks like you may just have found your answer. I too run 4.5GHz 24/7 without down-clocking in OP/SYS.

However I have a 2500k and P67 M/BD.

Good luck to you! :sol:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking