Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

career icons

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 21, 2005 2:30:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a
Philosophy major. There are three career icons indicated as best
choices, but I can't figure out which careers they are. Is there a list
somewhere that matches icons to career names? The icons in question are
a coffee cup, a triangle with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or
tree coming out of a pot.

Thanks!

Morgan

More about : career icons

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 3:06:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
news:11j2rlgjcif4e3e@corp.supernews.com...
> Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
> major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
> figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
> icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
> with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Morgan

Hi -- pardon the odd name here, I'm on vacation and only popped in to check
up on you guys a bit. But I can answer this question so I thought,
wotthehell, I'd go ahead and post instead of lurking.

First off, when you have a bunch of dialog boxes pop up like that, pause the
game until you can read them all before they disappear. Also, being a
Criminal Mastermind is not your sim's aspiration, that's his lifetime want.
His aspiration is going to be romance, knowledge, social, family, or
fortune. (New one added with NL is Pleasure, I think -- haven't got the
game yet.) The sims get the option to change their aspiration in their
junior year (I think). If you missed out on that chance, you can always
download Merola's Multi-Painting and change it at any time with that. As
far as I've been able to tell from reading the other posts of these good
folks in here, that painting still works with the new expansion pack.
(Whew! That's a good thing since I use it all the time!)

Third, there is a short list inside the tiny manual that comes with Uni that
lists all the majors and the careers that they compliment. The ones you
listed are Slacker, Paranormal and Culinary, if memory serves. If you mouse
over the icons, you should get a pop up that tells what they are.

HTH

Now, back to vacating for me! Whee! A week in Phoenix! I'll be home on
Friday.

Jeanie
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 3:42:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
news:11j2rlgjcif4e3e@corp.supernews.com...
> Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
> major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
> figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
> icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
> with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Morgan

If you mouse over the icons, you should get a tool tip that tells you what
they represent. From your description, I think the careers in question are
slacker, paranormal and culinary.

HTH,
~Lucy
Related resources
September 21, 2005 3:46:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

hey lucy! wrote:
> "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
> news:11j2rlgjcif4e3e@corp.supernews.com...
>
>>Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
>>major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
>>figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
>>icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
>>with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Morgan
>
>
> If you mouse over the icons, you should get a tool tip that tells you what
> they represent. From your description, I think the careers in question are
> slacker, paranormal and culinary.
>
> HTH,
> ~Lucy
>
>

Thanks for the info.

I can't mouse over the icons; when I move the mouse away from the name
of the major, the description window disappears and I can't get to the
career icons.

Morgan
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 7:27:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
news:11j2rlgjcif4e3e@corp.supernews.com...
> Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
> major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
> figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
> icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
> with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Morgan

Slacker and psychic are the first two. I can't remember what the third one
is with the philosophy major. If you don't declare a major (use the phone
or the computer) that is what they end up with in thier senior year. It
seems to just mean that they have developed the most skills to advance in
those careers when they meet the skill requirements for the classes. They
can still take any job, including any job that requires a college degree
when they go back to their neighborhoods.
September 21, 2005 7:27:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Nancy Scott wrote:

> "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
> news:11j2rlgjcif4e3e@corp.supernews.com...
>
>>Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
>>major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
>>figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
>>icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
>>with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Morgan
>
>
> Slacker and psychic are the first two. I can't remember what the third one
> is with the philosophy major. If you don't declare a major (use the phone
> or the computer) that is what they end up with in thier senior year. It
> seems to just mean that they have developed the most skills to advance in
> those careers when they meet the skill requirements for the classes. They
> can still take any job, including any job that requires a college degree
> when they go back to their neighborhoods.
>
>

I was offered the chance to change his aspiration, but I think I waited
too long to decide and it went away again. There was too much to read,
because that was at the same time they told me they'd declared his major
to be Philosophy and that he'd made the Dean's list and finished his
sophomore year!

So his aspiration is still to become a criminal mastermind, which
doesn't seem to be one of the careers best suited to a Philosophy major.
That would be a burglar mask, wouldn't it? Some of the career icons are
obvious, some not so much. One of his dads is a scientist, which is a
beaker.

I guess I'll just keep him taking his classes--and trying to find a
girlfriend who doesn't want a vampire for a boyfriend.

Thanks!

Morgan
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 8:04:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
news:11j30e28hlhrs0e@corp.supernews.com...
> Nancy Scott wrote:
>
>> "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
>> news:11j2rlgjcif4e3e@corp.supernews.com...
>>
>>>Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
>>>major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I
>>>can't figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that
>>>matches icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a
>>>triangle with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a
>>>pot.
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>
>>>Morgan
>>
>>
>> Slacker and psychic are the first two. I can't remember what the third
>> one is with the philosophy major. If you don't declare a major (use the
>> phone or the computer) that is what they end up with in thier senior
>> year. It seems to just mean that they have developed the most skills to
>> advance in those careers when they meet the skill requirements for the
>> classes. They can still take any job, including any job that requires a
>> college degree when they go back to their neighborhoods.
>
> I was offered the chance to change his aspiration, but I think I waited
> too long to decide and it went away again. There was too much to read,
> because that was at the same time they told me they'd declared his major
> to be Philosophy and that he'd made the Dean's list and finished his
> sophomore year!
>
> So his aspiration is still to become a criminal mastermind, which doesn't
> seem to be one of the careers best suited to a Philosophy major. That
> would be a burglar mask, wouldn't it? Some of the career icons are
> obvious, some not so much. One of his dads is a scientist, which is a
> beaker.
>
> I guess I'll just keep him taking his classes--and trying to find a
> girlfriend who doesn't want a vampire for a boyfriend.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Morgan

He can still do that. He just won't have quite as many skill points for the
job upon graduating as he would have if he had either changed his major or
aspiration. have him paint or play the piano in his spare time in his last
year. IRC, creativity is the big skill for the crime career.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 8:49:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
news:11j30e28hlhrs0e@corp.supernews.com...
>> >

> So his aspiration is still to become a criminal mastermind, which
> doesn't seem to be one of the careers best suited to a Philosophy major.
> That would be a burglar mask, wouldn't it? Some of the career icons are
> obvious, some not so much. One of his dads is a scientist, which is a
> beaker.

Oh yes, that's what that's meant to be - I keep thinking it's a bottle
opener.
!