career icons

Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a
Philosophy major. There are three career icons indicated as best
choices, but I can't figure out which careers they are. Is there a list
somewhere that matches icons to career names? The icons in question are
a coffee cup, a triangle with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or
tree coming out of a pot.

Thanks!

Morgan
7 answers Last reply
More about career icons

    "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    > Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
    > major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
    > figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
    > icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
    > with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Morgan

    Hi -- pardon the odd name here, I'm on vacation and only popped in to check
    up on you guys a bit. But I can answer this question so I thought,
    wotthehell, I'd go ahead and post instead of lurking.

    First off, when you have a bunch of dialog boxes pop up like that, pause the
    game until you can read them all before they disappear. Also, being a
    Criminal Mastermind is not your sim's aspiration, that's his lifetime want.
    His aspiration is going to be romance, knowledge, social, family, or
    fortune. (New one added with NL is Pleasure, I think -- haven't got the
    game yet.) The sims get the option to change their aspiration in their
    junior year (I think). If you missed out on that chance, you can always
    download Merola's Multi-Painting and change it at any time with that. As
    far as I've been able to tell from reading the other posts of these good
    folks in here, that painting still works with the new expansion pack.
    (Whew! That's a good thing since I use it all the time!)

    Third, there is a short list inside the tiny manual that comes with Uni that
    lists all the majors and the careers that they compliment. The ones you
    listed are Slacker, Paranormal and Culinary, if memory serves. If you mouse
    over the icons, you should get a pop up that tells what they are.

    HTH

    Now, back to vacating for me! Whee! A week in Phoenix! I'll be home on
    Friday.

    Jeanie

    "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    > Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
    > major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
    > figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
    > icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
    > with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Morgan

    If you mouse over the icons, you should get a tool tip that tells you what
    they represent. From your description, I think the careers in question are
    slacker, paranormal and culinary.

    HTH,
    ~Lucy

    hey lucy! wrote:
    > "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    >
    >>Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
    >>major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
    >>figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
    >>icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
    >>with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>
    >>Morgan
    >

    > If you mouse over the icons, you should get a tool tip that tells you what
    > they represent. From your description, I think the careers in question are
    > slacker, paranormal and culinary.
    >
    > HTH,
    > ~Lucy

    Thanks for the info.

    I can't mouse over the icons; when I move the mouse away from the name
    of the major, the description window disappears and I can't get to the
    career icons.

    Morgan

    "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    > Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
    > major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
    > figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
    > icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
    > with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Morgan

    Slacker and psychic are the first two. I can't remember what the third one
    is with the philosophy major. If you don't declare a major (use the phone
    or the computer) that is what they end up with in thier senior year. It
    seems to just mean that they have developed the most skills to advance in
    those careers when they meet the skill requirements for the classes. They
    can still take any job, including any job that requires a college degree
    when they go back to their neighborhoods.

    Nancy Scott wrote:

    > "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    >
    >>Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
    >>major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I can't
    >>figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that matches
    >>icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a triangle
    >>with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a pot.
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>
    >>Morgan
    >

    > Slacker and psychic are the first two. I can't remember what the third one
    > is with the philosophy major. If you don't declare a major (use the phone
    > or the computer) that is what they end up with in thier senior year. It
    > seems to just mean that they have developed the most skills to advance in
    > those careers when they meet the skill requirements for the classes. They
    > can still take any job, including any job that requires a college degree
    > when they go back to their neighborhoods.

    I was offered the chance to change his aspiration, but I think I waited
    too long to decide and it went away again. There was too much to read,
    because that was at the same time they told me they'd declared his major
    to be Philosophy and that he'd made the Dean's list and finished his
    sophomore year!

    So his aspiration is still to become a criminal mastermind, which
    doesn't seem to be one of the careers best suited to a Philosophy major.
    That would be a burglar mask, wouldn't it? Some of the career icons are
    obvious, some not so much. One of his dads is a scientist, which is a
    beaker.

    I guess I'll just keep him taking his classes--and trying to find a
    girlfriend who doesn't want a vampire for a boyfriend.

    Thanks!

    Morgan

    > Nancy Scott wrote:
    >
    >> "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Sim State has declared Blake Travis (Sean and Mack's oldest) a Philosophy
    >>>major. There are three career icons indicated as best choices, but I
    >>>can't figure out which careers they are. Is there a list somewhere that
    >>>matches icons to career names? The icons in question are a coffee cup, a
    >>>triangle with an eye, and what looks like a cloud or tree coming out of a
    >>>pot.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks!
    >>>
    >>>Morgan
    >>

    >> Slacker and psychic are the first two. I can't remember what the third
    >> one is with the philosophy major. If you don't declare a major (use the
    >> phone or the computer) that is what they end up with in thier senior
    >> year. It seems to just mean that they have developed the most skills to
    >> advance in those careers when they meet the skill requirements for the
    >> classes. They can still take any job, including any job that requires a
    >> college degree when they go back to their neighborhoods.
    >
    > I was offered the chance to change his aspiration, but I think I waited
    > too long to decide and it went away again. There was too much to read,
    > because that was at the same time they told me they'd declared his major
    > to be Philosophy and that he'd made the Dean's list and finished his
    > sophomore year!
    >
    > So his aspiration is still to become a criminal mastermind, which doesn't
    > seem to be one of the careers best suited to a Philosophy major. That
    > would be a burglar mask, wouldn't it? Some of the career icons are
    > obvious, some not so much. One of his dads is a scientist, which is a
    > beaker.
    >
    > I guess I'll just keep him taking his classes--and trying to find a
    > girlfriend who doesn't want a vampire for a boyfriend.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Morgan

    He can still do that. He just won't have quite as many skill points for the
    job upon graduating as he would have if he had either changed his major or
    aspiration. have him paint or play the piano in his spare time in his last
    year. IRC, creativity is the big skill for the crime career.

    "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message

    > So his aspiration is still to become a criminal mastermind, which
    > doesn't seem to be one of the careers best suited to a Philosophy major.
    > That would be a burglar mask, wouldn't it? Some of the career icons are
    > obvious, some not so much. One of his dads is a scientist, which is a
    > beaker.

    Oh yes, that's what that's meant to be - I keep thinking it's a bottle
    opener.

Sims Cloud Computing Games Icons Video Games