AMD FX-4100 OC - Temp Question

szeir

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
I'm new to the overclocking thing, but I'm not sure I want to do it yet unless I know some information that only a noob, like my self, would not know:

My CPU runs at 3.6Ghz now, however I've seen that it has the ability to be OC fairly easy (and safely) from other 4100 users. However, I can't figure out if it is their stock fan. I'd like to OC, but I want to know first if I can do is safely with what I have? If so, what would be a normal temperature and a cap range where I just say "Hey, I can't do this without destroying it, I'll buy another fan." Like I said I'm fairly new to this, however if I can overclock to say 4.4-4.6 Ghz like most are with my stock fan, I'm good. Thanks in advance for any help.

My Specs:
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 7025
AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz)
8GB DDR3
500GB HDD Capacity
AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Solution
The stock fan may get you to 4ghz, higher is luck usually. if you start getting in the 60's you should lower your clocks and voltage. Some might say it's safe higher than 60, but for long term use the lower the better as it always is with OC'ing.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
The stock fan may get you to 4ghz, higher is luck usually. if you start getting in the 60's you should lower your clocks and voltage. Some might say it's safe higher than 60, but for long term use the lower the better as it always is with OC'ing.

Solution

szeir

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

I apologize for necrotizing my own thread, but I figured you should deserve credit - thanks again!

Reactions: omega21xx