RamblinWrec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Need someone to recommend a drill size for boring out the fan cover holes on my case (or should I just remove the stamped cover entirely?). Case is a Raidmax Scorpio 868 rear panel below.
rear.jpg

I want it to look more like below.

cm690_case_back.jpg

Currently setting up to put a 140mm fan on the front and 2 80mm fans on the back for the standard low-in, high-out setup but all the excess metal is rather restricting. Thanks in advance!

RamblinWrec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Ok, so I sawed them all off. I'm not great shakes with power tools so it's not the best looking job but as I don't plan on posting pics I'm the only one who will ever notice! :).

To masterasia, I blew all my $ for this new build on the hardware so I can't get a new case and the wife would notice that :). I replaced the PSU from the start so no worries on that front.

So the holes are in and the fans have been mounted, does anyone have any ideas for a way to visiually detect the airflow through the case so I can find any hotspots. I was thinking about dry ice but am worried about moisture (not from the dry ice but it's humid in GA and reg. ice can build up and sublimate). Should I just use a laser thermometer? Thanks in advance