Can't click on anything in windows xp

xxxnighthustlerxxx

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Ok I have windows XP home edition service pack 3, and sometimes when I boot up I can't click anything with the mouse, even when I pull up task manager and try to click on it it goes idle/grey, and sometimes if I restart its not that bad and I can use task manager and firefox but I can't drag and drop anything and can't close out fire fox normally using the X button, unless i pull up task-manager and then while it is up press the X button, and eventually it will get to the point no matter how many times I reset it will just not let me click anything, so I have to system restore, and the first time i system restored it made it where my mouse eventually while browsing would not scroll left or right, so I have restored to the earliest settings and now it is back to where I have to use task manager to exit fire fox I can't drag and drop but I can still browse the net and click things i also cannot choose options in drop down boxes via the mouse, I have to use the arrow keys. Any help would be appreciated, I have scanned with emsisoft, spybot, and malwarebytes but no detections, but I do believe it to be the work of malware, maybe the after math of one found that did damage to the system. Please help.

Boot from your windows CD and repair install the OS. Or save your personal files, and drivers to a flash drive then format and do a clean install and update all your service packs !