Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need advice on HDMI card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 6, 2009 10:28:49 PM

Hi everyone I purchased the ATI HD 4670 and I can’t get the audio with the HDMI to work. Called the manufacture and they told me to try Nvidia instead.

Can anyone please recommend an Nvidia card that has:

- HDMI output capability
- priced less the $100
- runs cool
- 1080i
- 50" Lcd-tv

Thank you in advance.

-jay

More about : advice hdmi card

November 6, 2009 11:54:21 PM

juno1 said:
Hi everyone I purchased the ATI HD 4670 and I can’t get the audio with the HDMI to work. Called the manufacture and they told me to try Nvidia instead.

Is this a joke thread?
m
0
l
November 7, 2009 12:16:15 AM

I wish it was a joke, but when I called Gigabite the Tech told me to try Nvidia instead. The board is made by Gigabite.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 7, 2009 1:42:32 AM

Oh, you meant motherboard manufacturer. The way your sentence is written it suggests you called the HD 4670 card manufacturer and it was they that told you to try nVidia.

Aside from that though, I'd suggest trying to get the HDMI to work here instead of spending more money on a solution that might not help.

Go to Sounds and Audio Device properties. Under the Audio tab, make sure the HDMI is selected. Then under the Hardware tab, make sure the ATi HDMi Audio is selected.


Do you have a sound card or any 3rd party audio control applications?
m
0
l
November 7, 2009 5:09:24 AM

TheViper said:
I'd suggest trying to get the HDMI to work here instead of spending more money on a solution that might not help.


If I can make it to work it would be great.

Under "Sound and Audio Devi" i get only the "SigmaTel Audio" only, nothing else

Under "Device Manager --> Sound Video" I can see "ATI HDMI Audio"
m
0
l
November 7, 2009 3:09:14 PM

TheViper said:
Do you have a sound card or any 3rd party audio control applications?


The sound is part of the motherboard. I dont have an independant sound card.
m
0
l
!