Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which rams is best? For this motherboard and processor

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 25, 2010 4:30:57 AM

Hi,

I have the following processor:
Intel Core i7 960 Quad-Core Socket LGA1366, 3.2Ghz, 4.8GT/s QPI, 8MB L3



and the following Motherboard:
Asus P6X58D Premium Socket 1366 Intel X58 + ICH10R Chipset CrossfireX / 3-Way SLI Triple-Channel DDR3 2000(o.c.)/1600(o.c.)/1333/1066Mhz 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Dual GigaLAN 8-CH HD Audio 2x SATA 6Gb/s + 6x SATA 3.0Gb/s USB 3.0 IEEE1394 ATX




I dunno which rams is GOOD to get with this I was told that DDR3 would do but which RAMS is GOOD?? which brand is best? corsair is it good? is it the besT?

Regards,
HNX
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 V Motherboard
April 25, 2010 7:32:55 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums :) 
You can use any DDR3 Triple channel RAMs on it just make sure the voltage is 1.65 or lower.
Brands like Corsair,Geil,OCZ,Crucial... are good
April 25, 2010 3:18:33 PM

Maziar said:
Hello and welcome to the forums :) 
You can use any DDR3 Triple channel RAMs on it just make sure the voltage is 1.65 or lower.
Brands like Corsair,Geil,OCZ,Crucial... are good


Which brand is the best??
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
April 25, 2010 3:22:40 PM

Corsair or crucial. Check their websites for warranty in your country.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 25, 2010 3:24:16 PM

Corsair is the best by far. The "Dominator GT" modules are the best of the best if you can pay the price...Anyway, the "Dominator" modules are very good too.
An alternative is Gskill.
April 25, 2010 4:59:38 PM

Henry Chinaski said:
Corsair is the best by far. The "Dominator GT" modules are the best of the best if you can pay the price...Anyway, the "Dominator" modules are very good too.
An alternative is Gskill.


I was told to make sure the voltage is 1.65 or lower. Is the dominator still ok?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 135 V Motherboard
April 25, 2010 5:02:45 PM

I have played with OCZ and Corsair and both are good(however Corsair one were better for me in terms of stability),other good brands are Geil and Crucial
April 26, 2010 5:34:13 PM

how many sticks and how many gigabytes can put into the motherboard???

Thanks in advance,
HNX

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
April 26, 2010 5:56:26 PM
Share

You can install 6 modules. The max. amount of memory is 24Gb.
Buy a three modules pack to be able to run them trichannel. Nowadays the 3x2Gb pack is the best option although you could install 4Gb max. in each slot (but it's very expensive).
Here you have the specicications of your mobo:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=wurRaDZ8lo4Ckukj
April 27, 2010 2:17:12 AM

Henry Chinaski said:
You can install 6 modules. The max. amount of memory is 24Gb.
Buy a three modules pack to be able to run them trichannel. Nowadays the 3x2Gb pack is the best option although you could install 4Gb max. in each slot (but it's very expensive).
Here you have the specicications of your mobo:
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=wurRaDZ8lo4Ckukj

wow thx a lot :) 

Peace n Love!,
HNX
May 9, 2010 4:09:35 PM

Best answer selected by hnx.
!