How to overclock AMD FX-4100

szeir

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hey guys,

I've been recently registered to this site and I must say the response time and nice atmosphere I've seen here is great. But again, being a noob like I am, I have another question:

I want to overclock my AMD FX-4100 like I've heard many people do quite easily. However, I'm fairly new to this and the steps they follow I can't seem to find. This is a picture of what most people see (this is not me, rather a picture I found of what most everyone sees during their experiences). I don't see a lot of the options here, so I'm wondering if my MOBO is the reason

5GHz_4_7GHz_AMD_FX_4100_Overclocking.jpg

I don't see CPU Clock Ratio, CPU North Bridge. I do see CPB Ratio but that is the only option I have. I can take a screenshot of my screen when I get home, I just think I'm missing something.

I understand you may not be able to get much from this, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 725 MOBO
8GB Corsair DDR3
AMD FX-4100 3.6Ghz (seen people easily get it to 4.6Ghz)
AMD Radeon HD 6670

You have UEFI Bios if your running the new FX chip. Your all set, all you must do is go into Advanced Mode and to the the O.C. panel and done, your Motherboard will O.C it for you. Your CPU might be worth OC, but anything above yours has been tested to not get as much of a performance boost to justify the voltage increase to the CPU. But that test was back before patches but still the patches didnt do all that much

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 725 MOBO
That is not a motherboard model. GeForce is a video card line (the GTX 580 is a GeForce, for example). There is an nForce related to motherboards, but it's just a chipset and I'm unaware of any nForce 725.

Can you try to find out what the actual model number for your motherboard is? Because your overclocking issues are definitely tied up in the motherboard. Basically we need to find out if that motherboard can overclock (most can, but not all), and how to do it. It really boils down to googling the model number + overclocking to find out how.

szeir

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Sorry willard, I apologize. This is my mobo: GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2 AM3+ NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128529)

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I appreciate the help.

Rockdm, is the O.C panel in the BIOS?

etrnlxdarkness

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
I have this same Mobo and cpu. When you boot into Bios you need to select the MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) from the top of the list. This is where you will "tweak" your voltages and ratio's to OC your CPU and or Dram. I haven't figured out how to set everything yet myself so this is as much help as I can be to you at this point. Good Luck!!

szeir

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for the response, darkness.

The problem is I don't see that option. The only think that is close to CPU Clock Ratio is CPB Ratio. I'm wondering if that is the same thing?I would like to post a screenshot tonight when I get home to I can see if I'm missing something.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of what you see there? That would helpful, I think..

szeir

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
That's perfect! That is exactly what I need to know! Once I learn more info on how to actually overclock (although I'm pretty sure I know what I need to do) I will be sure to respond to your post. All I know as of right now is that the CPU Clock Ratio should be x23 and you should have a good 4.6ghz OC. However, I'm not sure how true this is but I have heard from a lot of users on the newegg review of the CPU that it is simple as that even on a stock cooler. If you have a better cooler, then I believe you can go as far as 5ghz on an air cooler.

This link helped me out a bit:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699729

Hope it helps, and thanks again.